• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question about replacing the a arm bushings

RtxViper

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX LE
This is probably going to sound like a dumb question but I took my a arms out and had them powder coated. When i disassembled the sled the a arm bolts were loose in the holes. I figured this was due to the bushings being worn out. I replaced all the bushings and reassembled the front end tonite and go to tighten everything up and the bolts are still loose. They move front to back maybe an 1/8". I am assuming this is not supposed to be this way. Anyone every run into this? I am assuming I should just add a couple washers but just making sure that they arnt supposed to have play in them. Thanks in advance

I used stock replacements and i did reverse the rear ones. the a arms are nice and snug but the bolt itself moves back and forth 1/8" thats what i am concerned with. I used stock ones cause i plan on selling it at the end of the year

They will be fine,they have a little play in them. I'm sure tightening them up with aftermarket bushings like the other guys said would be nice but the way they are is fine.

Bushings

I have just finish installing 5 sets of Ulmer oilite bushings on four Venture and one Apex and there is some play on the bolts going back and fort about 1/8 to 1/4 inc.Its like that on the new sled just normal I guest.But why I couldn't tell you...

Back