• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for Hurricane

Your so right Turk!, althougt the if its a new Apex it will stay stock, for at least this year. Hurrricane, I have the instructions for the kit. If i send them can you give me price? I would do it myself, but it is not time well spent for me and i'm fussy. Seems to me you care about your services.

Attachments

• 12213510kPMYNEwy.jpg
    12213510kPMYNEwy.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 88
Rocketman, what are you doing for a seat with the impulse kit? thanks

doh, didnt read the nytro part, my bad. Wish somebody would build 4cylinder seats.

H&H Performance used two on a Nytro's for lake\snow\Trail racing last year. I think the one kit is for sale but would be missing the surge tank as we went full custom but kept the surge tank(Paul has them in stock). It would be a little loud for trail riding (I think you could muffle it easy). They run awesome and we set a grass 500' record in Cosdra with the Impulse kit last year at 18#'s. Install was not bad, Paul builds some quality stuff and doesn't cheap out on the hardware like some of the other kits. We tested the standalone for Paul last year and had no luck getting it to run cleanly for on and off the throttle. We went back to the Doebeck box and it runs like clockwork. The nice part is running 15 psi on Pump. There wasn't any other pump gas turbos around that could run with it. We opted to take the head shim out this year because it is going to be a hill climb\snow race only\ minimum trail duty and for racing short distances we prefer the stock compression with race fuel. One thing I will say is I hate the WRP seat on the Nytro because you sit up way to high. I would just mod the stock seat so it works with the trail tank. It may not be super comfortable but I would rather sit lower and stand threw the big bumps than sit up 10 feet in the air.
Trail & Hill Sled
PortHuronRace009.jpg

King of Trail Race Sled
PortHuronRace014.jpg

That's a little disappointing as I thought stand alone was the way to go. I don't feel the piggy back systems cover all aspects of the fuel curve well. Especially transition from boost to no boost. I had plans for the exhaust but now I thinking Alpine, Ulmer, Full Power or MCX. Response is my biggest concern and I would prefer stock compression.
Anybody want to chime in here.......... I'm All ears.
Oh. does H&H have a kit for sale? Can I purchase without the stand alone? I also wonder if the Ulmer Gas tank and especially the Alpine tank would fit with The impulse Header/Turbo/intercooler combo. Looking at the Alpine Tank and set-up I'm thinking I would.
Thanks to anyone in advance

I have an Impulse header/downpipe with a 2871 on my RX1. I know Paul doesnt build RX1 kits, but the exhaust parts fit the same. I have been dealing with the seat, as boss has 0 interest in making seats for us 4stroke guys. There only interest is the deal they made with cat. Was going to use the aluminum fuel cell, cant find a seat. So gave up on that idea, had a used rev tank, new boss seat(got a deal). Just doesnt fit that well for me, plus no return fitting, abit close to the turbo. Phoned my friend Julien @ Alpine Motorsports. He sent me a tank, mm seat. Fits not to bad, on a RX1. The tank is long thou, not sure on how short tracks fit. He would be able to tell you, has dual pickup inside tank, return fitting, vent. They pretty made all the front mount plastic tanks yrs ago for the RX1, Apex kits. I have about 10" from the rear of the turbo to the tank.

The Standalone problems where last year during prototype. We haven't tried one this year so the problems could be fixed as we gave up last year after about 8 different ecu's being tested. The last one was the best but still had the minor hesitation during low speed driving. Everything else was spot on for the most part.

You would have to call Howard to see if the Impulse Kit he took off would be for sale, I don't see why not as its just sitting in the shop but its not mine to part with. I'm sure a good deal could be had for the install and kit combined. He doesn't have the standalone with that kit, it would come with the Doebeck Box which is the best for bang for the buck in trail use. That kit on ice ran 5.14 at 131 mph in 660' at the Port Huron, Mi Cosdra event.

I don't know if Ulmers or Alpine Tank would fit, I think you would almost have to have one sitting there to see if there is clearance.

The throttle response on Impulse kit is awesome. P.M. me if you want his number.

Back