• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

twin charging - wastegate, bov, routing

FTR I would never do this from scratch but since I had all the parts I thought let’s send it! Since you can’t really make the exhaust feed a small turbo, then a large one and hope to fit those in a sled this is the next best thing. I also like having a fixed 10-11 psi always on, then adjusting the turbo with the ECU for gas, air temp, etc. also no way to have a single turbo make 29 “good” psi and not have some lag. I’m excited to get it out in the white and see if I can dial it in. The turbo is a large gt30-gt35 spec. I’m also going to spin it around 12,500-13k rpm. I really need about a week on a dyno to just carefully up things and see where it stops making power. At some point it will fizzle out and thats we’re I’ll leave it.

Getting there!

As a follow up and still looking for critique, I plumbed the IC to the boost control solenoid on the Tial Wastegate. I am using a Motec 4 port control so I have a top and bottom port on the Tial being used. My thought was that I wanted it to see compound boost only and not vacuum. The WG will remain shut until it gets to 23 psi roughly. So going down the trail I am expecting that it will be seeing boost and keeping the gate closed, and the BOV will be seeing vacuum and blowing all the boost off. I was thinking the boost would help the reduce the mechanical load of the SC and improve mpg. Everything else is behind the TB this includes the Exhaust Valve, FPR, Boost/vac gauge, MAP sensor, and BOV.

First ride this weekend on the lake just doing testing, datalogging, tuning, and repeating until hopefully I get it all to play nice to each other.

73598925-fc6e-476f-a79d-22f4ef944257-jpeg.166171

Back