• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for my Canadian friends

Dodge Ram

Expert
Myself and 6 other couples are planning on riding the snowtrain from Saut St Marie to Dubreuville. Then from there to Chapleau and then down the trail back to St Marie. What is that trail like in the middle of March?? Any restrictions on snowmobiles?? Example I have a full Hindle that can be loud and my friends have cans on their sleds. How are the towns along that trail?? :sled1:

Ontario has exhaust restrictions, so just keep the brapping down in small towns and populated areas. If you do run into any Police or STOP officers be polite and say you didn't know if they ask lol. I've been running the Hindle system longer than anyone and have never been questioned, however I keep the noise down around homes, towns etc to avoid drawing attention to myself. Enjoy your trip! ;)!

I believe that Shadow also has an ace up his sleeve in the event of a "slight problem" lol. Plus as for most places, I'm sure if you drive respectfully in populated areas you shouldn't have a problem. Have fun!

I use to do that trip all the time....but they've closed "halfway haven" (http://www.halfwayhaven.com/) in the winter.. which is half way between Wawa and the Saut and you can't make it from wawa to the saut without fuel....if you do go..leave ur trucks by the ski hill(searchmont), cause the trail back to town gets a lot of traffic....bring lots of beer for the train ride....make sure you plan an extra day to go north from Dubreuilville to Hornepayne....unreal riding...i have a trip itinerary at home I can send you (where to stay, where to eat, etc)

canoehead said:
I believe that Shadow also has an ace up his sleeve in the event of a "slight problem" lol. Plus as for most places, I'm sure if you drive respectfully in populated areas you shouldn't have a problem. Have fun!

LMAO! I know not of what you speak.

I'll take a copy of that itinerary!

Tyloooor said:
I use to do that trip all the time....but they've closed "halfway haven" (http://www.halfwayhaven.com/) in the winter.. which is half way between Wawa and the Saut and you can't make it from wawa to the saut without fuel....if you do go..leave ur trucks by the ski hill(searchmont), cause the trail back to town gets a lot of traffic....bring lots of beer for the train ride....make sure you plan an extra day to go north from Dubreuilville to Hornepayne....unreal riding...i have a trip itinerary at home I can send you (where to stay, where to eat, etc)

Tyloooor said:
X2 on the Itinerary. :Rockon:
We hear that that trail was closed. This is why we are going to from Wawa up to the Dubreuiville and down over to Chapleau and then straight down to the next town and etc etc. They showed us a map at the Novi MI snow show and said that one trail was closed. Thanks for the info everybody.

Ya halfway haven has been closed the last 2 seasons. Last I heard it is up for sale, but so far no one has bought it. I guess the owners got tired of running it year around and decided to start retiring.

I believe last year the trail up to chapleau was open from the Sault but never got a chance to go on it. The year before the trails from the Sault loop anywhere east were closed from lack of snow, but it sounds like this year is going to be a good year for snow, we are already getting some today...

shaddow44 said:
Ontario has exhaust restrictions, so just keep the brapping down in small towns and populated areas. If you do run into any Police or STOP officers be polite and say you didn't know if they ask lol. I've been running the Hindle system longer than anyone and have never been questioned, however I keep the noise down around homes, towns etc to avoid drawing attention to myself. Enjoy your trip! ;)!

Lies!! I always hear you brappin it in your garage!!! Hahaa :Rockon: Although I think I heard a 2 smoke fire up in there couple days ago..lol

jb_008 said:
Ya halfway haven has been closed the last 2 seasons. Last I heard it is up for sale, but so far no one has bought it. I guess the owners got tired of running it year around and decided to start retiring.

I believe last year the trail up to chapleau was open from the Sault but never got a chance to go on it. The year before the trails from the Sault loop anywhere east were closed from lack of snow, but it sounds like this year is going to be a good year for snow, we are already getting some today...

Awesome. I hope you get lots of snow this year. How was last year??

Back