• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for sidewinder owners with the coupled suspension

Why do people want to lift the skis? While your doing this I will be way ahead of you being flat, Ever see real snowmobile drag races. The fast ones don't lift. It's all about traction. If your spinnin your not winin!

I agree, when racing these sleds, the challenge is keeping the front end down if you have enough traction. However, for trail riding, I find it a lot more fun to be able to lift the skis whenever over rollers and such. Makes the sled feel lighter. More fun to ride.

I agree, when racing these sleds, the challenge is keeping the front end down if you have enough traction. However, for trail riding, I find it a lot more fun to be able to lift the skis whenever over rollers and such. Makes the sled feel lighter. More fun to ride.
Exactly,and when playing off trail,a sled that won't do this is just boring for me.

40265D2D-9905-4CCA-9058-955B347ED682.jpeg

Yup sleds that won’t lift skis are boring!! TD power and a 1.75 and the fun begins!

Yeah I hate mine . Lol. Will wheelie on hard pack on will.

Nice picture there! You would die trying to ride in New Hampshire.....no off trail riding. You guys have it good.

Nice picture there! You would die trying to ride in New Hampshire.....no off trail riding. You guys have it good.
I drive 16+ hours for the good riding 5hrs for ok off trail nothing local.

I drive 16+ hours for the good riding 5hrs for ok off trail nothing local.
1 hour 45 minutes away..... Note the Sidewinder lift the skis at 80 when the SkiDoo comes along side, at 2:20

Off trail in this area is top shelf as well....

Back