• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

question on cr10ek plugs......

viperyder

Extreme
i had my dealer change my plugs to the cr10ek's.........
i was under the impression that we had to put the little screw on caps on the cr10ek's,but to my surprise,my dealer said they werent needed.
can someone help me with the "truth"
is my dealer all wet???? i could of sworn you needed the little buggers!
gary~

the ones i got i had to install the caps.....but who knows?..maybe you can get them with the caps already on??

i dont think it would run without caps on them,at least not properly.....

but if it were me being the ANAL F**er that I am...id be pulling one to be sure your dealer put the plugs in and see for myself!..lol

Dan

viperyder said:
son of a b****!!! i new it,thanks guys,how much disassembly is needed to get at them?

you gotta get to the top of motor...

-remove chrome surround(base of risers)remove two #3 philips screws
-remove upper shroud(5mm allen)loosen ign KEY collar,twist four allen screws 1/2 turn outward to undo,similar to the side panels
-remove headlight pod(10mm socket,one bolt on each side,then unplug two plugins and slide entire POD forward and off sled)

should be able to get one plug out now....youll need to remove one bolts which holds plug socket down....use the plug wrench that comes with sled tool kit.

Dan

viperyder said:
dan how am i going to kno that i need them? the thing runs fine....

If it runs fine,then the caps are on I would say....what Id be wondering though is,DID THEY ACTUALLY INSTALL THE CR10Eks or not?

Id check if it were me...but thats up to you.

Dan

viperyder said:
dan do the stock plugs have screw on caps?or are they the solid type?

stock are solid...so you can buy some cheapo plugs with screw off caps to use.....

I got mine from Ulmer...he sent caps with the plugs.

Dan

I got mine from Ulmer and they also had the screw on caps already installed.

I've got to believe that any dealer mechanic would realize that a cap must be installed on the threaded tip.

I would also suspect that your sled would misfire without the caps.

Anyone know if these caps are needed to install the cr10ek plugs in the FX Nytro, or can we just install and go ?

EDIT....Ulmer answered my question, no cap needed, disregard.

I had to a VW dealer down the street to give me 4 caps , their plugs come with them. You definately need them. I did anyway.

Back