• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Questions for anyone who has an M-10 in their yamaha

shanksyamaha

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Im thinking of cureing all my monoshock issues by just replacing my rear skid with an M10. Anyone have any experience with the M10. How does it hold up, any speed loss in the apex?? Im 300lbs, will I have to install stiffer springs if I buy one.. Im looking at buying an RX-1 that has an M10 in it.. I'll take out the M10, buy a stock suspension and put it back in the RX-1 and resell it.. Whats everyones thoughts..

Im just thinking I can cure my W-arm breaking, rail cracking, hyfax wearing, wheel throwing monoshock all at once by installing an M10

Depends on what you are looking for most. Usually an M10 is good for a 10mph loss on top end. On the other hand the big bump performance is about as good as it gets.

M10

I baught a ZX2 by AD Bovin awsome thaught it was way nicer than the m10 I am in the middle of putting it together right now. with new track and all new bearings and seals chaincase and jack shaft bearings,. I am tired of the same w arm,twice lost count on boggie wheels. cracked my skid at this time and broke my transfer rod. ZX2 there are people with 20,000 miles and ZERO issues

Is an M10 really good for a 10mph loss?? I don't wanna loose that much.. I just dont want my skid to fall apart.. 10mph sounds like alot...

The way M10's work they are lacking in 1 thing and that is transfer. They do keep the skis on the snow however. I've always been tempted but refuse to give up transfer. I LOVE wheelies at will!

So if someone were to put the ZX2 suspension in their apex is that capable of adjusting the transfer? I want to be able to make the skid set up for max transfer because of how I ride. I use ski lift to my advantage and need the hole shot out of the corner... not to mention the wheelies when going by a stuck ditch pickle. :)

If you are using the sled as a cruiser, you may like the M-10. If you use it as a performance sled, pretty safe bet you'll hate it.

The transfer/coupling is not adjustable as on most OEM skids. It's fixed - with nearly full time coupling.

It works pretty good on trail in the stutters and stuff up to about 18" or so, but then it's completely overwhelmed. Top end loss of 5 mph+ is common, and there is no chance of a decent holeshot as compared to about any other sled out there. 600's will rip you up off the line....

If you're going to give it a try, stay away from the late model Polaris stuff. Fast doesn't support it well, there's as many front arm problems as there are with the Mono's, and the crossover/extra spring on the rear shock has been removed - so it's "less complicated" for a rider to set up. #$%&*

Well maybe I'll scrap that idea then.. I like good weight transfer and I dont want to loose any top end.. I guess I'll stick to my original plan and have the beef up kit done on my skid and hope for the best on the wheels and rails...

If you want crazy transfer and reliability get an expert x!

I was thinking about this expert x skid as well.. It is very pricey though isn't it? I think i'm leaning towards the zx2 for next year? Does the expert-x also come as a 144" option?

You can get the expert in 144 form! Pricey new but maybe you can get used and add rail extension if needed. Muffin works made my extension

Zx2 or AIR M10

I have the skid installed and it has more transfer ability and easier than any other suspension out there quick & fast. You dont even get under your sled to do it and you dont have to worry about braking the transfer rod. If you like to hook and pop wheelies like I do then do your self a favor and get rid of the transfer rod. You dont need it buddy of mine also broke his transfer rod and it went through the track at 80 plus mph you cant imagine what happened 7000.00$ in damage. Be safe

Back