• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

quick snap fasteners

mazak500

Extreme
Just got my nytro broke in. Need to change oil. What kind of tool do you guys use for the quick snap fasteners? i already broke 2.
Thanks

I went to a auto supply store and bought a bought a box of 25 of them that are almost identical to the yamaha ones for like $10. When i did the oil change I used a tool that is used for removing door panels and just put all new darts in when I reinstalled. I bet I had all the plastic off in 5 minutes or less, worth the $10 bucks to me.

Same here I think I broke all but one. I went to napa and handed them the pile of broken ones and said I need these but in one piece. The guy just laughed. Turns out he owns a Nytro too.

put a small blade screwdriver under the side with the slot and pry up - i had every one off the front plastic on my son's nytro and didn't break any of them.

woolyviper said:
put a small blade screwdriver under the side with the slot and pry up - i had every one off the front plastic on my son's nytro and didn't break any of them.
ya thats what Ive done..works great...just in case tho

Yup x2 because some will brake for sure. I always have some on hand. sj howed your U.P. trip go?

not too bad considering I had a hell of a head cold! not the best time to be tweaking and tuning but had to go while the snows there...
how bout you guys?

Had a good time, Cold for sure. My RSI bars kept me warm, First time I got to try them out in that cold of weather, very happy with them.

someone said the rsi's will burn out if you do the hi-lo install? better to do just the hi heats...if you get a chance..p.m. me your setup as I like the idea of a better bar too..

The ones i buy have the number 2889 on the box and the discription reads "Plastic push rivet fits 8mm hole, 20mm head, 13.4mm length. Honda/Acura '94 & up. They look very close to the oem Yamaha ones but the head is a bit bigger. Been using them since last year with no issues and I just bought another box today for 12 bucks at a autobody supply store. Sorry about the pic quality, need a new phone.
2urticw.jpg

2q19amh.jpg

19xkxe.jpg

i bought one of those cheap small end nippers at the hardware store and did a little custom grinding on it. Pulls them out perfect and doesnt wreck them like screwdriver at all

Back