• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Race Nytro start up issues

GudeMN

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX SE (144in) -6500 miles
2015 Phazer XTX - 10,000 miles
2009 Vector LTX GT - 17,600 miles,
1999 Vmax 600 SX - 4500 miles,
1999 SRX 700 - 5100 miles,
2001 700SxR - 2200 miles
This is the same machine I asked about the spindles as I am looking to change skis. Discovered the mounting bolts are seized so I’ll tackle them later. On to the next issue.

I replaced battery and solenoid last weekend. Even with new equipment, roughly 50 sec after starting, the gauge pod starts flashing on and off while the engine starts to waver and sound rough.

That lasts about 1 minute. Then the machine either makes it through and clears up or it dies. When it dies, it loses power and the ability to try and start it again. It’s dead for about 20 mins and then I can start it again.

Code 81 and Code 85 are showing on the display. Hand warmers and Oil Pressure Switch. Code 81 clears now and then when the machine makes it through the rough patch. Oil levels are good. The machine runs strong when it runs. But I won’t take it on the trail acting like this. I’ve only made some hot laps on the lake, staying close to home.

Could this be a relay issue? I intend to change to red relays soon. Fuel? Anything else to check?

Thanks….

Have you replaced the oil pressure sensor? I’d start there, and trace the wiring to make sure a rodent hasn’t chewed it off.

I just started looking into this sled’s issues so I haven’t dug into anything yet. Oil pressure sensor is underneath the motor on the port side correct?

Yes sir, not too awful far from the oil filter, should be a green wire with a yellow tracer coming from it.

Back