• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Raced an F7 and a F8 this weekend

dirkdiggler

Suspended
I bought a set of Drag and Fly clutch weights from SJ on Friday and installed them on Saturday Morning. We tried going out to the lake to race on Saturday but after an hour of freezing our butts off we left.

Sunday turned out to be a nicer day all the way around. My buddy just bought a new F8 and a New F1000. I asked him if he want to go race out in the snow with the F1000 he said well lets race the F8. I think he thought he was going to beat me with the F8 so why bother with the F10. Well we went from a 30 roll for over a Mile and I never saw him again until I looked back and he was way behind me. Then we turned around and went from a stand still and I pulled away with ease. We did this a couple times with me having to turn a look completely behind me every time.

I hope to do this same race against his 1000 next weekend.

I had another friend with an F7 out there. From a roll we stayed side by side for about 300 feet and then I'd start to walk away. I'm 245 with gear on and this guy is maybe 180 on that light f7 so I was surprised. We turned around and went from a stop and he jumped me by at least 3 lengths and I caught him and passed him and ended up 3 to 4 out front when we let off. I WAS SHOCKED THAT I CAUGHT HIM!!!

The Conditions where 1 to 2 feet of Powder on top of the lake. If this was hard pack snow I would have really opened a can. The Attack angle of the track is terrible for putting up big top end in loose deep snow.

We were racing on the lake this weekend with my 1200 Renegade and a friends '09 Nytro XTX and I can't believe how close these two machines are. The surface was solidish so traction was not bad but holy crap does that Nytro leave HARD!! He would get me by a length almost every time but I could run him down every time. The Nytro must be geared a little lower????

From the 600km we put on together this weekend, I would say the 1200 has a better mid range and a higher top end. The fuel mileage is very close, almost every time we were within one litre. Nytro is a nice machine except for trail riding it needs a bigger windshield and a larger gas tank.

Interesting results Dirk...Must have been a proud day for you. As for the 1200 Renegade I must admit, in my short test I really enjoyed the sled. It completely changed my opinion of the XP chassis. I tried a 600 last year and I thought it felt slight, and too light in the front end. The 1200 gade felt very much like the Nytro. Lots of low end grunt and felt planted. I did find the 1200 to be a little jerkier (after clutch engagement). I assumed it had to do with clutching, but might also be do to the extra traction from the 136. Either way, it didn't seem as smooth as the Nytro.

Still, I must admit, I was impressed.

Rode with a bunch of buddies on 800 revs this weekend and they were all pretty impressed with the Nytro. I have a 1.75 track on mine, so it hooks up hard, really putting all that torque to the ground. I haven't found too many sleds that can stay with me off the line. None of the 800's could hang with my sled, at least until we got to about 100- then they left me, but I usually let off by then anyways. The torque of the motor makes ditchbangin' tons of fun too, can "squirt" over just about any bump combo. I think a few of them have "blue fever" now.... ;)! :yam:

Ya I rode to this wkn with a ski tnt F8 and a few older renegades. THEY all spanked me bad on hard pack and even worse in 16" powder. Boy did I have to eat my words. Not happpy.

My buddy has a F1000 thats beats me pretty good. Come to find out, hehas a few mods putting his HP at 154. Nevertheless, he is impressed with my SE. I have just under 300 miles on it, and I wonder if it will perform a little better when it fully breaks in?

sd5500 said:
My buddy has a F1000 thats beats me pretty good. Come to find out, hehas a few mods putting his HP at 154. Nevertheless, he is impressed with my SE. I have just under 300 miles on it, and I wonder if it will perform a little better when it fully breaks in?

What year is his F1000 and what are the mods he has done? What is done to your sled? How many sled lengths to he beat you buy and was it out of the hole and top end....

sd5500 said:
sd550, not sure what your buddy did to his F1000 but he detuned it. They come in @ 165 hp stock. :flag:

saythey said:
Ya I rode to this wkn with a ski tnt F8 and a few older renegades. THEY all spanked me bad on hard pack and even worse in 16" powder. Boy did I have to eat my words. Not happpy.

This can happen when riding along big lakes over longer distances. From a dead stop on good snow the Nytro doesn't get spanked too easily in the 660'. If your racing sleds with a few mods and lots of studs your not going to have much of a chance on hard pack. Especially if you have no studs.

When I race I say lets go over to this cove as there is good snow. I only race when I have a few things in my favor. I wouldn't drag a 1000 on ice with him all studded up. I'd wait till I had some good packed snow to give me some advantage or at least make it fair.

saythey said:

This complaint is getting so terribly old already!!!! This sled was never designed to set land speed records @ the Bonneville Salt Flats!!!!! If your intention was to beat 800 or 1000cc sleds on top end then you bought the totally wrong sled to begin with!! Now for you guys that go out to race just to see how you stack up and to have fun then I say go for it! Nothin wrong with some good clean fun and a little ribbing between buddies! I know that these sleds pull like a bat out of hell on the bottom and mid and it feels awesome but if you want 110-115mph then you should be lookin elsewhere or pony up for some mods!!! As for dirkdiggler, glad that you had some fun with that F8! Good job!!

Back