• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Radar Runs....Help!

We had a gun with us this weekend and ran on ice with some snow, I think about 13 to 1400 FT. I ran 103 and Was still gaining strong when i let off. I have a CPR clutch kit pulling 10,800 by end of run. I was told by Jeff Simon that they run real well at that RPM and will topend better with a bit more RPM.

pro116 I stoped by looking for you Saturday night, Jeff said you were around some where but didn't know where you were at the time. We ran a few run's on the track Sunday morning. Was a good weekend, Put on 360 Mi and won a few races on Sunday morning on the lake. Catch you next time. kviper

My sled rev's about 10,700 or so on the glare ice.

I weigh 210 unsuited.

The ice is plowed and scraped. It is 100% smooth. They will have 150+ MPH sleds there next weekend. It has to be smooth because the big boys do not have much for suspension.

I wonder if the glare ice is the problem? My RX1 never liked it either. It always ran better numbers on hardpack.

What's your primary look like. Did you do the marker test to see if you are shifting all the way out. I just looked at my primary and it's got alot of rubber on it and I'm reving between 10,700-10900 on snowpacked groomed trail. It's defintely slipping bigtime.

Primary....not going to the top. I did not use a marker, but I can see a large area that has never seen a belt.

Hyfax....hard to tell if they were melting. Once you get off the track...there was lots of snow to cool them off. I did not smell them or feel them sticking.

Mine does does not go to the top of the primary either. Not sure how close the belt should get to the top. I would say 1/4 to 3/8 inch from the top.

RTX Meirda, I guess you were in North Bay? I ran 130's there ....but that's on my Tcat!!!!!!!

Should have come trail riding with us! Trails were great!

The Yammy clutch hasn't much overdrive, that is why it doesn't use the whole primary.

Actually, now that I re-read your post..were you at Pushlinch? I figured you were in North Bay because of the '150mph sleds' comment.

Yesterday, on the lake up there, on hardpack snow, my buddy's GT could drive away from me at any speed, especially on top. He was revving 11000 rpms!!! I was just breaking 10000. I have 230miles on my RTX, he has 800kms on his GT.

I just can't see how that works, because all the dyno's that I have seen @11000, you are only making 142-144hp. What would happen if he added more weight to bring the RPM back in line (10,500). Would it even be faster? I guess there is no overdrive on the Yammis?

87gtNOS said:
RTX Meirda, I guess you were in North Bay? I ran 130's there ....but that's on my Tcat!!!!!!!

Should have come trail riding with us! Trails were great!

The Yammy clutch hasn't much overdrive, that is why it doesn't use the whole primary.

Actually, now that I re-read your post..were you at Pushlinch? I figured you were in North Bay because of the '150mph sleds' comment.

Yesterday, on the lake up there, on hardpack snow, my buddy's GT could drive away from me at any speed, especially on top. He was revving 11000 rpms!!! I was just breaking 10000. I have 230miles on my RTX, he has 800kms on his GT.

Yes....I was in North Bay.

The track is in really nice shape. The guy with the white Dodge spends alot of time oy there plowing!

We did a little trail riding.....my sled is awesome in the bumps!

Just need it faster....in trail form.

The guy with the Dodge is my buddy Claude...I used to live there, we're Mustang buddies!!

Here's what you missed on the trails!!! 3 feet of snow!!! Up to my nuts when you break through the crust!!

Attachments

• APEX1.JPG
    APEX1.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 98
  • VHILLS1.JPG
    VHILLS1.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 90
  • VHILLS2.JPG
    VHILLS2.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 105
Looks like fun!

We talk to Claude every time we are up there.

He mentioned that you bought an Apex this year....but I have never met you. Claude said you used to have a T cat....I put 2 and 2 together because of your avatar.

You have a stang too!

I have a coupe with a 331 stroker and a YS Vortech and AFR heads.....run's low 10's.

Cool, my Stang was a 306, done, made 308 RWHP SAE N/A, and made 442 RWHP SAE with 10 psi!!!
Owned it for 10 years, sold this past fall. Too many toys, no time!!

Why, I don't know but you loose a couple MPH in North Bay, maybe it's the air. I have run there the past couple of winters with my 2001 SRX. I generally run about 114 MPH and F7 run about 112. The fastest I ran was 116 in 2004. They have a web site with all the MPH at www.geocities.com

Racy2 said:
www.geocities.com/nbssr2004/racing.html

hehe...130.3mph on my tcat there. :Rockon:

and yes, the air on Lake Nipissing SUCKS. My friend tunes with just his RAD guage and jetting...and he says the air sucks, and it WAY better just over on Trout Lake!!

Back