• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RAGE GT RIP!

fredster

Veteran
Just looked at the 08 lineup and am disappointed. Probably doesn't help that I bought an 07 Rage last year - sucks to have a year-old sled that is no longer made!

I'm in my 40's and not a big fan of "rider forward" and love the seating position on my Rage. Looks like wind protection also took a hit "across the board" too. When my wife, son and I ride it is for all day and 200+ miles and conventional seating and wind protection are important.

I moved from Polaris to Yami because I wanted 4S power and liked the fact that the Rage/Vector were fairly conventional with the seating position/wind protection. Looks like Yami is moving away from my sweet spot.

Make no mistake - I'm sure these sleds are a step forward in handling. And the Nytro is a great step in the right direction to complete with 'doo. But c'mon! Is anyone making sleds for people like me anymore?

Also, I really expected Yami to be all FI this year. Can't be that hard to add FI to the 973 3Cyl.

Did I miss it? I told my wife that we would snow check a fuel injected, 3 cyl, 136" track sled this spring. What was I thinking? We had plans to go to the yamaha show so she could sit on one to see how it feels. Forget that. Maybe in a year or two. To look at the bright side, I don't have to sell her Rage and don't have to buy a new one this year.

Steely Dan said:
Did I miss it? I told my wife that we would snow check a fuel injected, 3 cyl, 136" track sled this spring.
Apparently not in 08. You can have the FI 3-holer (FX Nytro) but not the 136. OR the 136 3-holer but not the FI (Vector LTX or GT). I'm with you.....why not BOTH???????

Attachments

• xwheels.JPG
    xwheels.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 64

Back