• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RAM AIR KIT???

RTK

Extreme
Fix power sports (a yami dealer) sells a RAM AIR kit. He also has a COLD AIR KIT. Has anyone here tried this kit ? Just wondering if it's worth the money.

Re: FIX POWER SPORTS RAM AIR KIT???

RTK said:
Fix power sports (a yami dealer) sells a RAM AIR kit. He also has a COLD AIR KIT. Has anyone here tried this kit ? Just wondering if it's worth the money.

i got both last year, the cold air kit is a joke, don't bother with that, the ram-air kit is just your air filter cover with cut out and some pre-filter to cover the holes up, do a search i think there is pictures of it, there were some guys on here that were trying to make some up, the ram-air kit, makes the sled alot louder and it seemed to make a small difference, if i had to do over i wouldn't have wasted my $$$ :o| :o| :o|

SharkAttak said:
RTK said:

i got both last year, the cold air kit is a joke, don't bother with that, the ram-air kit is just your air filter cover with cut out and some pre-filter to cover the holes up, do a search i think there is pictures of it, there were some guys on here that were trying to make some up, the ram-air kit, makes the sled alot louder and it seemed to make a small difference, if i had to do over i wouldn't have wasted my $$$ :o| :o| :o|
+1 on big joke!! :o| Your not the only one that wasted money, I was a sucker to!! :o| :drink:

yamaouch08 said:
SharkAttak said:
RTK said:

+1 on big joke!! :o| Your not the only one that wasted money, I was a sucker to!! :o| :drink:

live and learn i guess,it is a good novelty item, srxspec tested it and said you get almost 2 mph on the top end and it sound pretty good, but not worth the $$$

good discussion in the 'air box mod' thread.....

Why is it a joke? It works as advertised. Where else can you get the results that this mod gives you for $300.00 :ORC
People are pissed when they see what the kit consists of and realize that they could make it for a fraction of the cost.
Keep in mind the R&D dollars fix had to put into this to bring it to market. Knowing his reputation, I highly doubt he simply cut holes in the cover put some mesh over it with screening and said sell this to the sheep in my heard............ I would think he sold enough to buy the kit price down by now but who really knows.

It is a joke...Dan made his own, with a thread and needle.

87gtNOS said:
Yeah, after he saw what Fix did. You know damn well he didn't look at the airbox cover and say; "Hey, I'm gonna cut holes in here, put some screening material to filter crud over those holes and put a heavier screen under the finer screen to keep it from getting sucked into the throttle bodies" all on his own..........................

MightyRTX said:
87gtNOS said:
Yeah, after he saw what Fix did. You know damn well he didn't look at the airbox cover and say; "Hey, I'm gonna cut holes in here, put some screening material to filter crud over those holes and put a heavier screen under the finer screen to keep it from getting sucked into the throttle bodies" all on his own..........................
True, but I am sure common sense told him(Dan) what material to use.

The FIX kit comes with a new lid right? SO The FIX kit should be the cost of a new lid plus some. So like if the lid was $50, charge $90 total. Send in your old lid and get $50 back..an exchange program! Then it would be more idealistic.

87gtNOS said:
MightyRTX said:
87gtNOS said:
True, but I am sure common sense told him(Dan) what material to use.

The FIX kit comes with a new lid right? SO The FIX kit should be the cost of a new lid plus some. So like if the lid was $50, charge $90 total. Send in your old lid and get $50 back..an exchange program! Then it would be more idealistic.

You're forgetting the R&D cost like Mighty stated earlier. "He who thinks of it first makes the most money". Maybe it is over-priced but until someone comes up with something better for less money I think he will charge what it's worth to him not what it's worth to you.

This is what I have done to my airbox. I've also added the Hauck Fuel accelerator.

Attachments

• Airbox 1000x1000.jpg
    Airbox 1000x1000.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Air box 3 1000x1000.jpg
    Air box 3 1000x1000.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Air box 2 1000x1000.jpg
    Air box 2 1000x1000.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 95
This is what I have done to my airbox. I've also added the Hauck Fuel accelerator.

Attachments

• Airbox 1000x1000.jpg
    Airbox 1000x1000.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 87
    Air box 3 1000x1000.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 92
    Air box 2 1000x1000.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 88

Attachments

• Airbox 1000x1000.jpg
    Airbox 1000x1000.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 98
    Air box 3 1000x1000.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 89
    Air box 2 1000x1000.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 93

Back