• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RAM mounts

kegaroony

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder STX DX
Anyone using a RAM mount on their Sidwinder? Currently I have a Garmin 76csx, and I find the handle bar mount sits to low, pretty much have to stop to look at it, so was looking to get the RAM mount screw down (RAM-B-13U), but a little worried about drilling into plastics. Any help would be great.

Many of us have used a number of different mounts. Obviously, you are just looking at the best position to mount the 1" ball and go from there?

We have used the u-bolt style on the handlebar. Flat round screw in type on the riser, except the riser on the Viper/Sidewinder was open metal. I have also mounted the ram cradle directly to the handlebar pad on my daughters viper.

The common one is putting the ball behind the gauges. This is a nice setup as the GPS sits right above the gauges. But it also limits you to no windshield bag. And I, or my daughter do not want to give up that space. It's too valueable. Good luck!

I don't use the windshield bag, so that's no biggie. What RAM assembly are they using for behind the gauges? That sounds optimal for me. Thanks

The 1" ball with round mounting plate. Take the plastics off and start drilling. I would recommend some sort of backing plate on the opposite side so that nuts don't pull through. But honestly, a GPS doesn't have a ton of weight.

8968.jpg

I'm assuming you have already found which RAM cradle works with your garmin. Then just do an Amazon/Ebay/Walmart search for that part number. They can be purchased by themselves, or as a bundle with a RAM arm, and a 1" ball in the form factor above, or a U-bolt etc as a package.

But that plate should mount easily behind your gauge pod, then you may need all of a 3-4" ram arm to get that cradle above the gauges. Other guys have bent some sheet metal to creat a mount in that location. But as I have said before, I like the ram cradles and mounts, as I move my GPS from sled to sled, to my SXS and Motorcycle.

Whole package
https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mount-cr...&qid=1540847002&sr=8-1-fkmr0&ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1

Ahh, I'm starting to get it now. I was looking at total kits. I see, buy the ball, then buy seperate arms/mounts and go from there. Thanks for your help.

Ya, if you have nothing, buy the whole kit as it's the best buy. And try looking at all three places I mentioned. As I have bought these through Walmart, shipped to my door for the least amount.

The cradle by itself is like $17 all over. And some places sell different packages
https://mounts.factoryoutletstore.c...ga14u.html?category_id=0&catalogitemid=427190

But all components can be purchased Ala Carte` as well. So if you want to have a ball on other sleds, or items, just buy the ball for the application. Most kits come with a 4" arm and that was fine on the handlebar of my bike. But in my SXS, I want 8" so that I can swing it from side to side. And now on my Apex, I bolted a ball in the middle of my riser. O the viper, we have no ball at all. We just screwed the bare cradle to the riser pad/cover.

Check the RAM website for the options, and part numbers for each component. But I would think there has to be someplace that you can screw that plate in just like our Viper.

Good luck!

Back