• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

re-mapping??????

northern_rtx

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 nytro rtx (sold)
2016 viper xtx se
Well blew up my doo so here I am with a 2008 nytro rtx with excell full exhaust cold air intake schmidt bros stage 2 clutch kit HID's and a 1.5" paddle!!!! Do I have to remap???? some say yes and others say no????? let me no your thoughts

northern_rtx said:
Well blew up my doo so here I am with a 2008 nytro rtx with excell full exhaust cold air intake schmidt bros stage 2 clutch kit HID's and a 1.5" paddle!!!! Do I have to remap???? some say yes and others say no????? let me no your thoughts
you have a full intake and exhaust system but no extra fuel. you can get away with changing your CO settings to add extra fuel, but to get the full perfomance out of your other mods then yes you should have an aftermarket fuel controler.

any other mods you guys recommend??? First 4 stroke and bought it when snow was pretty much gone so never even got to try it!!! Talk about wanting snow badly!!!!!!

Get a OFT racing steering bushing for the steerin post, perhaps slicast a arms as they are adjustable, 08 have bad steering geometry, or opt for skinz or zbroz front end, perhaps add a grizz gusset to the subframe. I on the other hand have never bent my subframe but others have.

The other mod that worked for me was the WRP mountain seat, adds two inches and is a bit firmer than the stock seat.

Oversize wheels from excel to help hyfax wear, yamaheater to save your fingers from freezing off, either upgrade shocks or rebuild/revavle stock shocks, skinz frontend will make the sled handle, A arm/spindle bushings, grizztracks subframe upgrade, oft relocator and aftermarket skis would be some other great mods to look into.

A mountaintech skidplate would be up there too, I have some huge gashes out of mine which probably saved the motor a few times.

:sled1:

northern_rtx said:
any other mods you guys recommend??? First 4 stroke and bought it when snow was pretty much gone so never even got to try it!!! Talk about wanting snow badly!!!!!!

recomendations depend on what type of budget you have... if anything just get a PC5 fuel controler and enjoy it! if you have more money to spend start looking at worn items first like a-arm bushings, exhaust donuts, bearings, slides, and spare relays/parts. if you have a larger budget start thinking about aftermarket a-arms, rear suspensions, and turbos!

A mountaintech skidplate would be up there too, I have some huge gashes out of mine which probably saved the motor a few times.

:sled1:[/quote]

X2 ;)!

Like natedawgedog and all the the other posts .... X2 on the pc5. You will be surprised at the gain with your components. I don't know HP specifics, but I'd guess 10+hp. My MTX is a very differernt sled with excel/k&n/pc5/Ulmer Clutch. It's simply got more power everywhere.

Took a bit of time to dial in clutching (just to get rev's right) and its a riot to drive, and definitely a big step above the stock power.

OTM

Dodge Ram said:

:sled1:

thats one I forgot, and one of the most important, skid plate! the roest (mountiantech) skid plate has saved my engine numerous times!

Back