• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear idlers

09nytro

TY 4 Stroke God
I'm hearing AC is updating the rear idlers in rear suspension because the track won't stay alinened . Wonder if Yamaha will do this as well , I'm trying to dig up something to see if it's true or not !
One of my buddies that has a 800 cat said the dealer told him to bring it in to get this update done and is getting done this week , so I think I may call to see !

That's really good to hear because both me and my brother cannot get our track the lineup on the LTX SE ,mind is a little better than his but he cannot lineup the track with the rails no matter what he does. So he is glad to hear there is an update because the track should run straight.

I'm not sure if my four wheel kit helped or not, but I'm not seeing this issue. But if there is a update for it keep us posted. I want it for sure. It might not be seeing the issue. So I'll take it!

Dealer has been saying since the 1st one that he has trouble getting the track aligned and keeping it. Seems like a slight turn of the screw pushes it over the opposite side. Could be something here? I also have a 4th wheel kit so I'm at least a bit better off, no real issues.

tack alinement

Have issues with my LTX track alinement too, if the track is over to one side do you tighten that side more or do you tighten the other side to get the proper alinement??

Re: tack alinement

bigdog_mike said:
Have issues with my LTX track alinement too, if the track is over to one side do you tighten that side more or do you tighten the other side to get the proper alinement??

I think....if you loosen that side or tighten the other side would make it even. This is a difficult situation, because if you measure both sides and they are the same. That should be right. Now I know that they still could be off. So adjust the one side, by either tightening or loosening. Then run the track giving it some revs on a stand. Then look at the track and the movement. Then measure the distance from the outside wheel to the end of the track. Then adjust according to that. I suppose you would have to have a four wheel kit. But that's how I do it. It's a pain in the a$$! And I hate doing it. :o|

Never could get mine right , one day it's one way the other it's the other way :dunno:
So I'm going to keep digging to find out because I would like to have it to , hell I may just go to the AC dealer and see if he will do it for me .

09nytro said:
Never could get mine right , one day it's one way the other it's the other way :dunno:
So I'm going to keep digging to find out because I would like to have it to , hell I may just go to the AC dealer and see if he will do it for me .

Lol...heck ya if it's out there I want it! Arctic cat has the reverse gear fix up in stock too. They cat fix my Viper though. They can't do warranty work for it. Sucks they are five minutes from me.

I believe the reason for a wheel update was because they ran out of track adjustment on some. The track must have stretched more than normal. Probably the one ply tracks. Bigger wheel took up the slack. Poor update if you ask me. RR's got it first now others.

I have to ask. Why do all those wanting every update AC does want to jump on there band wagon? Let Yamaha decide if you need something. You must have trusted Yamaha enough to buy the sled. Trust them to make it right if something goes wrong. Trust them to not do something that hurts long term.

Yes
I called a cat dealer today and that's what they said it's bigger wheels on the 13's nothing on the 14's , that's what my buddy has is a 13 800 so #*$&@ out of luck
Guess I will put on the 4th wheel kit

I think the four wheel kit helps anyway. Less stress on bearings with four instead of two. Better traction and helps keep track inline. Really easy to do and looks like it should. ;)!

If you have had Yamaha's in the past their track adjusters were/are fine thread. This system uses a coarser thread so small adjustments to the adjuster can be a large adjustment in side to side track movement.

I Adjusted one side approximately 1/16 turn at 336 miles after 100 additional miles alignment appears to be right on.

Back