• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear shock 2012 vector ltx

chuckpp

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha srviper ltx dx
There is a knob on the shock ...How to adjust and whar does it do?

tks chuck

It is for adjusting the compression on the shock. I have mine set a few clicks up from the softest setting. I get plenty of suspension travel this way. However, I weigh 165 and don't do hard ditch riding.
There is a lot to learn about suspension and how it works. Read and learn before you mess with it too much. Search Button is your friend.

Here is advice I used from theCATman. This is a good setup.
Here is your meal ticket. My (theCATman) setup for Apex & Vector. Many satisfied TY customers over the years. ;)!

This is for LTX or 121" also. This is the same setup I use on my '06 Apex GT (121") save for the ability to adjust the shock electrically vs manually.

Depending on everyone's given weight & trail conditions more compression may be needed on the remote dial on the tunnel. PLEASE realize this.

1. Front shocks-- pre-load measurement of 1 7/8" collar to collar

2. Front shocks-- compression. clicker dial is 3 clicks in from full soft. In other words, turn it in counterclockwise 'till it stops, & then in 3 clicks

3. Front shocks-- rebound. clicker dial is 3 clicks in from full fast rebound. In other words, turn it counterclockwise 'til it stops, & then 3 clicks in.

4. Rear Mono-Shock pre-load-- Leave it in the stock cam notch. This should be the middle notch.

5. Rear transfer rod-- Turn the transfer rod IN to a measurement of 1 1/8"

6. Rear Mono-Shock rebound-- 3 clicks from full soft, according to the dial on the tunnel. In other words, turn it all the way to full soft & then 3 clicks toward hard. NOTE: the compression feel will also change as the rebound is set tighter for weight & trail conditions.

7. Some people have gone 1-2 notches tighter on the limiter strap. I personally have tried it & noticed no difference from the stock location.

REMINDER!! the rear setting can & will have to change some depending on your weight & trail conditions. This also will change the feel of the compression too.

On a side note also. As we all know the stock Yamaha skis suck major balls. Dually runners in the 6-10" range are highly recommended. As are Snow-Trackers if you choose that route.

ONE EDIT TO THIS SETUP: Whenever my wife rides the sled, I put the Mono-Shock preload to full soft. She said the middle setting was a little harsh for her. She's about 125 lbs with gear. I don't think many of us guys here are only a buck-thirty geared up, but be aware that a light rider may want the Mono set on soft.

Any other questions, just ask.

It is for adjusting the compression on the shock. I have mine set a few clicks up from the softest setting. I get plenty of suspension travel this way. However, I weigh 165 and don't do hard ditch riding.
There is a lot to learn about suspension and how it works. Read and learn before you mess with it too much. Search Button is your friend.

You say you have it adjusted to a few clicks soft what way is soft clockwise or counterclockwise?
I am 250 with cloths on..My dial is on the shock

tks

You say you have it adjusted to a few clicks soft what way is soft clockwise or counterclockwise?
I am 250 with cloths on..My dial is on the shock

tks
Full soft will be full counter clockwise. There should be 20'ish clicks of adjustment from one extreme to the other.

I bigger dude like you might need a heavier spring. The compression clicker will only do so much.

Maybe one more question the spring on the rear shock is there a stock measurement to go from to make sure it is in the correct spot,As i have bottom out a couple of times i think..
tks

I can't help you with the spring adjustment question but I'll add that I've always been a believer that you SHOULD bottom out a couple of times per ride. That way you know you are using all of the travel the suspension has to offer.

If you don't have the correct spring rate for the rider weight no matter what you do to the shock you will always bottom out. You may bottom out less if you go to full hard but it will be a harsh ride as the shock is slower to react.

If you don't have the correct spring rate for the rider weight no matter what you do to the shock you will always bottom out. You may bottom out less if you go to full hard but it will be a harsh ride as the shock is slower to react.
where can I fine the correct spring for my weigh?

I got one from Pioneer Performance. I'm about 200lb fully geared and run the 6.5kg. Works well for me
http://pioneerperformance.net/store/page9.html
If changing the spring I would suggest a rebuild and revalve as well. Made a huge difference for me.

Didn't know that. I weigh about the same and I currently have my stock spring on the second clip. Had them rebuilt/revalved last year by Shoc Tek and it was a huge improvement over my previous rebuild.
Just wish I had of know that the stock spring was on the weak/soft side.

For the mild mannered Sunday flat trail cruiser the stock spring is fine at your weight.
If the fun flipper and the bars are good friends when encountering driveway approaches or beaver dams then you will benefit from the heavier spring or if you like to let the suspension fully extend and relax once in a while like the pic below then the heavier spring is the right choice.

Attachments

• IMG-20130317-00083.jpg
    IMG-20130317-00083.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 152

On the 12 Vector LTX (monoshock II rear suspension) the knob on the shock changes the rebound dampening, not compression. 20 clicks counterclockwise is minimum, 11 clicks is standard and 3 clicks is the maximum.

Last edited:
On the 12 Vector LTX (monoshock II rear suspension) the knob on the shock changes the rebound dampening, not compression. 20 clicks counterclockwise is minimum, 11 clicks is standard and 3 clicks is the maximum.

So what does that really mean?How quick it comes back?

Back