• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear suspension adjustment seems squirrelly

jpilk99

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex GT
I know I’m in the rear-suspension adjustment mode as I see the correct icon onscreen. But when I hit the left Control buttons up & down, it doesn’t change the displayed setting. I recall the very first time I checked the suspension setting and saw that it was set extremely hi. So I hit the down button with my thumb and down it went. But I can’t make it go back up. It’s all the way at the bottom now. Oddly, with it showing the lowest setting, if I click the down button, it actually goes up one position; (but that’s it. Hitting down again just makes it go down). Could the “up” side of the blue button be fried??

Could the “up” side of the blue button be fried??
Does the "up" button work when in the handwarmer mode? If not, then yes, the up button could be bad or just needs a cleaning.

Does the "up" button work when in the handwarmer mode? If not, then yes, the up button could be bad or just needs a cleaning.
Nope, up doesn't work on handwarmer. Need new switch? Can't get inside and clean the contacts, can I ?

Nope, up doesn't work on handwarmer. Need new switch? Can't get inside and clean the contacts, can I ?
yes you can take it apart and clean it.

Has anyone seen any videos/instructions on taking this apart? I took the 3 screws on the inner coupling out and the plastic cover they held in. I can see the back/side of the switch, but, just leery of how best to get inside to inspect & clean. Thanks for any help.

Jay

That helped a lot. Thanks Rob. Not sure if it's stated in any of that link, but, I did find 2 extra screws at the bottom of the whole "button assembly" that may not have been mentioned to be able to remove the entire assembly. Come straight up from the bottom. Other than that, pretty much spot on. And once apart, it wasn't so much that the brass contacts were dirty, but, I believe the small half-inch sized little brass "plate" with the 3 nubs on it that rest against the spring behind it, that plate was out of place. Cleaned everything while in there and made sure the plate was properly in it's place, put all back togetha and ...BAMM. Controls now work in both directions.

Thanks all.

Back