• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Wheel Question for you Mountain Guys

northerndoc

Expert
Hey guys- a Michigan dude here who loves to play in the powder and thinking about a western trip this year. Wanted to get your opinion on going to two rear inboard mounted wheels on my XTX. I do ride a lot of trails here, but any time I find a set of power lines or a field with fresh pow, I get to do what I really love. I recently put a 146" x 1.75" Ripsaw lite on the sled and am also installing a Mountain Machines Freedom Axle w/ 8" Idlers. This allows me to run either the stock configuration, or go down to two in the center. I like the idea of the wheels mounted inboard to allow it to roll on its side easier, but was wondering what, if any drawbacks on the trail I might notice with this setup? It's not hard to change back if I need to, but just wanted some opinions. Thanks!

Honestly, I noticed VERY LITTLE difference when I did it.

You have to keep in mind that there are VERY stiff fiberglass bars in your track. They don't allow for much flex.

The greatest benefit I found was the 1lb. reduction from losing a wheel. I doubt the trail characteristics would change much either - mine haven't...

Moto

i have them on our nytro's mostly weight savings and the look. smitty's has a great kit for this. easy install and great service as well. check out the ttabs post and the top of this forum. you can get contact info there. ski

Back