• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recalled Fuel Line Leak

that sucks.

I am so lucky! Kid wreaked Phazer but wasnt hurt at all. Travis BOP had all the parts needed to fix and my Viper by all rights should have burnt down! All on first ride. Hopefully no more!

I replace my whole 2015 line and filter with a new molded assy. from a 19 if I remember correctly. $35 cdn. I caught it dripping on the heat shield too.

Scary as heck feeling Eh!
Oh ya! I’m glad I caught it! Fired sled up for first time this year and smelt gas! Shut it down before it got too hot! Mine was a loose clamp. Replaced clamps with gear clamps! Funny I heard about the recall on this site. I didn’t get any recall notice from Yamaha!

Last edited:
I am so lucky! Kid wreaked Phazer but wasnt hurt at all. Travis BOP had all the parts needed to fix and my Viper by all rights should have burnt down! All on first ride. Hopefully no more!
Boy Steve, glad to hear all are ok. And to think I had a bad luck on our first outing with my son between Christmas and New Years. Fortunately, the extent of our damage was limited to a broken drive axle and a hole in the exhaust on my 08 Apex; then again, it does have over 19,000 miles.

LOL, and just like you, Travis had all the parts. Already received them and in the process of putting everything back together. Unless your swapped with servicing shocks, you should be all set in time for the TY give-away ride. ;)!

Boy Steve, glad to hear all are ok. And to think I had a bad luck on our first outing with my son between Christmas and New Years. Fortunately, the extent of our damage was limited to a broken drive axle and a hole in the exhaust on my 08 Apex; then again, it does have over 19,000 miles.

LOL, and just like you, Travis had all the parts. Already received them and in the process of putting everything back together. Unless your swapped with servicing shocks, you should be all set in time for the TY give-away ride. ;)!
I am going to the TY Fun ride this weekend man! Riding there from Pembine. Sat. Phazer will have to wait a bit. Ride Ride Ride. Tis the season

I am going to the TY Fun ride this weekend man! Riding there from Pembine. Sat. Phazer will have to wait a bit. Ride Ride Ride. Tis the season
Oh and man is my suspension dialed! Did a little more valving on center at service this year. It is perfect.

I guess the important thing out of this thread is trust your nose. If you smell gas immediately stop and find source. If I would have stopped right away first time I smelled it was still light enough out that I would have found it and I do have a couple hose clamps in bag. Even with how old my sled is and fully insured I would cry if it was burning. Still love the thing and it just works awesome!

My 15 viper leaked in the same spot last year, could've burned my viper, sidewinder and trailer while it was idling in there, think I cut a bit of the swelled line and double clamped it on both sides of the filter, no leaks yet.

My 15 viper leaked in the same spot last year, could've burned my viper, sidewinder and trailer while it was idling in there, think I cut a bit of the swelled line and double clamped it on both sides of the filter, no leaks yet.
I cut the hose cleaned filter and replaced the clamp for this weekend. New 2019 hose which no longer has the filter should be here by Fri or Mon. Was 5 in WI. But old one needs to make the weekend. Double clamps is a good idea! She is all buttoned up and ready to go though. Hey are you going to Muni Fun Ride this weekend? Hope so. We are riding sleds there from Pembine.

Back