• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement Track Suggestions for 06 Apex GT?

<<<My goal is to gain more traction with out to use of studs and gain some control in the bumps. >>>

If that's your big concern, while considering the idea of stretching/going 1.5", you might want to look at the recent strings/comments regarding the Cobra track if you haven't already.

Cobra track stretched to a 128". Contact UlmerRacing for the info.

I have 3 sleds with ripsaws on them and put a Kimpex shotgun on my built sled the RX-1 with a stroked Apex motor. It outwares, outgrips & outlasts the ripsaw by far. It is also pre drilled and re-inforced for 96 studs down the middle. I ride Apex's, Attacks and Rx-1's. And my rx with 121 will leave all of them in the dust on the lake and out handle all of them on the tight twisties. The shotgun has over 8,000 miles on it and has not lost a lug or thrown a stud. I have broken studs off at the nut but the backers are still in place. I put a ripasaw on a stock 03 rx and it delaminated at just over 2000 miles an wiped out the front heat exchanger and the exhaust shields in the tunnel.

128 may be more nimble 136 is great & will hook up better to 150hp. All depends on handling preference.

I have 1800 miles on my 136" Apex GT with a Camo Intense 1.5" lug. Geared 23/39. Pulls the fillings out of your head when you hit the handle at 35 or so. Lost 5mph on top. I don't care, the traction is worth it.

COBRA/136" I'm changing mine and I don't run studs and removing tunnel protectors for less ice and snow build up!

128" isn't worth it IMO 136" is. Why only go 1/2 way when you could have it all! As others have said 1.5" is the way to go.

Back