• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rev Limiter

new mountain

Hey guys I have a mountain edition 2007. Just got it 3 weeks ago and ever since I got it I'm always hitting a rev limiter, I can't put it to the bar without it popping. I looked at the rpm's and its hitting 12360 all the time. Also I happed to check today when I was out riding and when I'm doing 20 mph I'm at about 8000 rpm's. Is anyone else having this problem with hitting the rev limiter.
I may try a new belt as this one has 1000 miles on it now but it doesn't seem to warn.
We took some video today on my friends video camera at WOT and when I get it on my computer I'll post it and you will hear what I mean.
Thanks guys.

mine too

Mine was all over the limiter when it was new. I put heavier rivets in all 3 positions on the primary clutch flyweights. I gained 6 mph once the revs came down to 11 600ish

20MPH at 8000RPM is probably normal. I know mine doesn't start moving until 5000RPM. Also replace your belt as a process or elimination, clean your clutch pullies with some brake clean...you might also have a snow build up in the clutch compartment..it happended to me in deep snow conditions

Back