• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rev vs fx Nytro

066apexgt

I have read several people give their opinion on the Nytro but what I have not heard is dose it handle the bumps as good as the Rev? I was unble to go to Gaylord this weekend and would like to hear what a doo persons thinks. I have an apex and a rev and would like to pick up a Nytro Fx. Also any darting? Thank you : :4STroke:

I think this is the first yamaha sled that actually can take big bumps like the rev.This sled is unreal.

nytro

I've been to two Yami demos and one ski-doo demo this year. The first Yami demo and the ski-doo demo were on flat open trails so you couldn't get an idea of either of the new sleds could do. The second Yami demo was in Tug hill and there were some nasty trails. They let us ride hard - to the point were I felt bad for abusing their machine. I pushed the Nytro hard on BIG bumps and it ate them up. This rides as good or better than my X-Package rev did. I got on the phaser after that and tried riding the same trails and thought I was going to flip it over. It couldn't handle them at all - maybe it would be better with a proper set up. The mono-shock (vector, attack, GT..or whatever they changed the names to) bottomed out on everything. My friend rode the Apex RTX and said it bottomed out on everything too. This Nytro makes everything else Yamaha sells feel 10 years old...at least to me. I'm not trying to say anything bad about the other sleds as these trails were pretty rough, I'm just trying to give an example of how much the Nytro shined. I was very impressed with this sled.

Just stepped off the FX Nytro yesterday WOW this machine is exactly what I was looking for and a HUGE leap forward for Yamaha. Amazing handling and bump absorbtion. They let us ride them hard though both smooth and whooped out trails and they really work awesome. Love how the nytro catches air that was my favorite part! The engine is soooo smooth its like WOW like butter spot on everywhere and pulls really hard corner to corner. We got to do some drag racing and it give the apex a good run for at least 1/4 mile!

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 197
a7m266d,

Did they have both the Nytro and Nytro RTX to test ride? If so, what did you think of the two comparisons??

srx600 said:
a7m266d,

Did they have both the Nytro and Nytro RTX to test ride? If so, what did you think of the two comparisons??

Yes we test rode both. The RTX is geared towards HARDCORE and I mean hardcore riders if you have ridden an X ski-doo in the past and been dissappointed its not stiff enough then the RTX is for you. Its really setup to be a hardcore ditch banger 80' double taker. Its harsh but very very capible we are told it will be approximately 20% softer in full pro over the one we rode. Which for me will be exactly what Im looking for. I think for 80% of the guys out there the FX NYTRO NON RTX is the sled they will probably want to get, its going to be tough to convince guys though the RTX is setup to be near snow cross ready.

Myself I loved the FX NYTRO in regular trim the GYT-R shocks work awesome it was very close to dialed and worked so so well I was so blown away by it that I couldn't beleive how dialed it really was for my riding style anyways it was very very close. I am still torn between the two right now because of the proto spec on both and the three we rode were part of only 4 in canada they have done an awesome job. Its all going to come down to just how good of a ride you are or you think you are. I feel alot of guys that get the RTX probably should get the FX Nytro and they will probably complain the RTX is to stiff.

a7m266d said:
srx600 said:
a7m266d,

Yes we test rode both. The RTX is geared towards HARDCORE and I mean hardcore riders if you have ridden an X ski-doo in the past and been dissappointed its not stiff enough then the RTX is for you. Its really setup to be a hardcore ditch banger 80' double taker. Its harsh but very very capible we are told it will be approximately 20% softer in full pro over the one we rode. Which for me will be exactly what Im looking for. I think for 80% of the guys out there the FX NYTRO NON RTX is the sled they will probably want to get, its going to be tough to convince guys though the RTX is setup to be near snow cross ready.

Myself I loved the FX NYTRO in regular trim the GYT-R shocks work awesome it was very close to dialed and worked so so well I was so blown away by it that I couldn't beleive how dialed it really was for my riding style anyways it was very very close. I am still torn between the two right now because of the proto spec on both and the three we rode were part of only 4 in canada they have done an awesome job. Its all going to come down to just how good of a ride you are or you think you are. I feel alot of guys that get the RTX probably should get the FX Nytro and they will probably complain the RTX is to stiff.

Excellent couple of posts, a7. Thank you for your feedback.

I'm gonna be at SnowFest in 3 days...can't wait to chime in! It'll be interesting for me as I haven't ridden a 4-stroke yet....I'm going to write a detailed review, no bias. :Rockon:

Can't go wrong with Markham Mower but if you check the yamaha website or the phone book you may find someone closer to you. I rode it in quebec.

thanks. a7m

This sled has me really interested, I ride a REV now but wish I would have had the chance to try a NYTRO. Yami dealers must be excited, I would guess they might get a few yellow bellies switching over.

Do you have any experience with a REV, or enough that you could compare the two selds...??

How was the steering effort

I rode a REV in 03-04 and the nytro flat out works better. I would not hesitate to tell any rev rider the nytro is a better sled.

Back