• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

reverse acting up

enticersrule

Veteran
Did a track swap and reassembled everything exactly how it was. Initially, the reverse worked great. Went out today and put about 160 miles on and towards the end of the day the reverse wouldn't work. I'd push the button, the "R" light would come on and the beeper went off, but when I'd push the throttle the timing would retard like when the motor is waiting to warm up and nothing would happen. I didn't see any error code. Tried it 3-4 times and gave up. Put the sled in the garage and let it thaw, just went out and tried it and it works fine. :o|

Anyone ever heard of this? Is there anything out of adjustment? I know the reverse had some issues on the '07s, but this is an '09.

you have to learn the yamaha shimmy, stand on sled, push button then shake your #*$&@ forward and back and that should do it. once you master it youll be right at home doin it , i just say im stretchin to save embarrassment lol

I found just bouncing or jumping up and down once or twice will kick it in reverse almost every time. Shaking dont do it for me as well as bouncing. Hope thats all your problem is.

Attachments

• DSC00867 (Large).JPG
    DSC00867 (Large).JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00868 (Large).JPG
    DSC00868 (Large).JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00869 (Large).JPG
    DSC00869 (Large).JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 66
actually, I was running powder when somthing similar happend. I put it into reverse and it started bogging down i was like what the? then I took all the throttle to idle pushed it and it went fine again? works fine still. This is on a 07

actually if your motion is more like you are trying to stand on the sled and get it to roll backwards, that usually engages it - works just about every time for me. I used to hop up and down and get it to go in, but this works better.

Back