• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ride Review and questions on XTX

jeffb87

New guy here, purchased a 09 XTX this fall and took it out a few times the past couple of weeks. I am coming off a 07 AC F8. I did follow SJ's suspension setup(thanks SJ) and I am very pleased with the handling of this sled on the trails, even with the trails ungroomed, it handled like a champ, very little inside ski lift and handled the trail trash well. I put Yami Mt ski's on it and really like those also. We did do a fair amount of ditch riding and some side hilling, no complaints. The only improvement I would like to do is I would like a little better throttle response when coming up to stutters, seems to be almost a slight hesitation. I have good friend who is polaris clutch expert who offered to help me with this since I am idiot when it comes to clutching. My question is, would Turks setup (14.5mm rollers and 47 Helix) help with gaining some increased instant throttle response in the low and mid. I could care less about top end, no lake racing for me... Thanks for help.

schmidt bros has a kit to deal with the engagement issue. It lowers engagement to 2900. Turk's 14.5mm rollers will do the same thing. as for mid range I dont't know. Maybe others will chime in and help.

Back