• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rides like today is why i bought my apex

granto211

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Wow, this baby performed like the enzo it should.
Love the ulmer clutch paired with the 23/40 gears , screamn in the helmet fun.... Trails were perfect!!!

I couldnt ask for a better sled and set up.
Anyone in mn hit up st croix state park[/quote]

I've been in Wisconsin the last week and put some decent miles on my 2011 Apex, I couldn't be happier. After reading this site for the last month I thought I bought a piece of sheet and was having some buyers remorse based on all the complaining here. The group I rode with all had ACats and I switched off with them, wow what an eye opener, the AC's had sluggish throttle response at times vibrated so much the windshield shook on idle, sounded like crap, the fit and finish was poor and the blue smoke they spewed would make a tree hugger cringe. My apex kept up just fine in the twistys and straight aways and frankly looked better doing it. The ACat suspension may have been a little better (not much) but they pushed through corners and my Apex held tight and I thought overall my Apex was the best sled I rode all week. I was considering a AC for my second sled but after this trip I've come to the conclusion they are fast but they are crap and I will be buying another Yamaha.

Yamaha must have fixed the hand warmers because I've had mine set on the lowest or next to lowest setting all winter and they are toasty warm anything approaching high setting will burn your hands. Either Yamaha fixed them or we have a bunch of people on this site with poor circulation.

They had problems in the past but the stock hand warmers are fixed now.

pkluck said:
I've been in Wisconsin the last week and put some decent miles on my 2011 Apex, I couldn't be happier. After reading this site for the last month I thought I bought a piece of sheet and was having some buyers remorse based on all the complaining here. The group I rode with all had ACats and I switched off with them, wow what an eye opener, the AC's had sluggish throttle response at times vibrated so much the windshield shook on idle, sounded like crap, the fit and finish was poor and the blue smoke they spewed would make a tree hugger cringe. My apex kept up just fine in the twistys and straight aways and frankly looked better doing it. The ACat suspension may have been a little better (not much) but they pushed through corners and my Apex held tight and I thought overall my Apex was the best sled I rode all week. I was considering a AC for my second sled but after this trip I've come to the conclusion they are fast but they are crap and I will be buying another Yamaha.
I'd like to know the models your buddies have. Drove a new Turbo two weeks ago. It was a lot of things, crap was not one of them. I'll agree fit & finish is not AC strong suit.

One was a f1000 the crap reference was overall fit, finish and styling. I didn't feel it handled much better if at all than the Apex in general and the APex handled better in the corners. It did not seem faster, it vibrated and the engine didn't pull linear like an APex 4 stroke. It had some throttle lag at low rpms. Just my opinion but the Yamaha vs AC seemed like a Mercedes compared to a Camaro. I realize many out there think Yamaha is crap but I don't see it. AC's appeal to people who want a fast sled with a lower price IMHO.

The 07 F1000 was a pooch out of the crate for what it was supposed to be. The later ones are a bit better. They do shake a lot. It is a big twin. I've driven them and I would take my F7 over one any day. I own an Apex, a Venture, and an F7. They are all very different. The Apex has its strong suits, and its weak ones too, as most sleds do.

Back