• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

right side oil issue....any fixes yet ??

pjabas

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 sr viper xtx se. 153" track turbo
Had issues getting sled to restart and run after flopping it over on right side in powder this weekend...anyone have a quick fix for it? I was able to get it to restart and run normal kinda quickly a few times by leaning it over to the left side and restarted when it was at a severe angle to the left.....I dont know if it was dumb luck or if the opposite angle helped.... im gonna be calling my dealer in the am but until then I figure I can post here and discuss it.

You could check with OFT racing to see if that rollover valve will work on a viper , I think it will or they may make one for it now !

I was speaking with my dealer last week and he said that if I ever put mine one the side that you need to take the vent line off of the top of the tank. Plug with your fingers the tank and the vent, have someone crank the sled at the same time this should help prime it, show the ecm some oil pressure and it should allow it to fire. I have yet to lay mine on its side, but I also have yet to have enough snow to even ride the sled yet.

Check fourstrokesolutions they have an rov tether. I just installed mine yesterday. Really simple install and protects from dumping oil out and has a repriming feature.

Subaru2006

So ur just saying plug the line that goes to top off oil tank, crank over little bit to re prime ?

If so I have a idea that would work and save 300 bucks

I was told the Viper has better routing of vent hose and the oil spilling out issue is not as bad. Anybody know for sure?

My XTX tipped over on right, once I got back up it still was to right on a bank. I tried starting about 4 times and it stalled quickly. Each time I lightly feathered throttle and eventually took off

pjabas said:
So ur just saying plug the line that goes to top off oil tank, crank over little bit to re prime ?

If so I have a idea that would work and save 300 bucks

That's basically what it sounded like to me. I figure if it was something that happened often a simple ball valve in line would make it an easy job.

This happened to me this weekend and pulling that vent line off was not an option with all the heat surrounding it. I have the burn marks to prove it, my dealer told me to wait 20 minutes before trying to start it. Well i didn't wait kept try to starting it and one time move the sled and it staled then the next time i started it was good to go. You need a right angle needle nose plier to get the hose clamp moved to pull that tube off.

Im gonna put a ball valve and try on mine.....my dealer said hes never heard of it....

He did say it would require pliers to remove the hose. I hope not to ever tip it over , but we all know how that works ;)!

atk07 said:
My XTX tipped over on right, once I got back up it still was to right on a bank. I tried starting about 4 times and it stalled quickly. Each time I lightly feathered throttle and eventually took off

I did this a few times, but it just kept shutting down each time. I didnt want to risk more damage so I stopped. Was your oil light still on? P1338/P1339 showing?

How is it that Yamaha who has been building 4 strokes forever has a problem like this? I can envision the crap I'd get from my friends (who ride different brands) when my brand new Viper wouldn't start because I tipped it on its side. It is completely unacceptable.

It's funny, the more threads I read the common theme is you need to buy more parts just to make a brand new Yamaha work. Good info to have. I'm surprised these threads are even allowed to stay posted.

its a first year machine, and we are the beta testers. nothing really new I guess. Its still really frustrating when it happens to you

Back