• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Right side panel question

jakeho

Veteran
I had the right side panel off last evening to check oil, etc. and when I went to put it back on I noticed that the plastic pin on the inside of the panel that fits into a rubber grommet is broken off. It's the pin that acts kind of like an anchoring point for when you put the panel back on. Anyone have a cheap fix for this or do I need to buy a whole new side panel? Thanks

I don't know exactly how the hood panel closes on the side panel on the apex, but if its anything like the hood on rx1, then the top panel should interlock with the side panel. If that is the case, then it won't be going anywhere, so you can just ignore it.

If that is NOT the case, then your best solution might not be perfectly pretty. You'll want to find a bolt, preferably color matched to the side panel. Drill a hole through the panel at the point where the button was. Make the hole as small as possible while still allowing you to get the bolt through. Glue it in with a thin epoxy, and thicken up the tip with thick epoxy (like jbweld) so that the shape approximately matches the original button.

If you still have the plastic "pin" (perhaps it is still in the rubber grommet?) then you should be able to epoxy it back onto the side panel.

I just drilled a tiny pilot hole and put a screw into the plastic base part. It is very thick in this part and if you look, youll see what I mean.

Take your time and find a screw that has a head the size of the rubber gromet, you dont want anything too loose or too tight. Also, make sure its stainless!

to favarcat,
It started again about 10-15 minutines later and I took it for about a 1/2 hour run with no problems. it starts fine now. Haven't had it out again to see if the probelm persists since out snow is all gone but we are expecting 10-14 inches on Friday. Keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info

Back