• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ripsaw 1.250 vs 1”

04mx

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Can anyone clarify something about the ripsaw track ? my friend was looking at the ripsaw tracks and noticed that the 1” ripsaw is rated to have more (ON TRAIL TRACTION) then the 1.250 does this seem right ?

thanks

I wouldn’t think so and after 600 miles on my SRX with a 1 inch track and NO traction I would say the 1 inch has NO traction... even with 192 studs. Might be my stock clutching too, she seems to back shift wayyyy too early. All I can say is I wish I had a 1.25.
MM

I'm guessing On a hardpacked trail the less lug you have the more traction you will have. The more contact area you have the more friction, the more traction you get. On somewhat loose material then more lug gives you more traction as it digs in and gets the snow under you to compress flatening it out.

Can anyone clarify something about the ripsaw track ? my friend was looking at the ripsaw tracks and noticed that the 1” ripsaw is rated to have more (ON TRAIL TRACTION) then the 1.250 does this seem right ?

thanks
No ,the ripsaw 1.25 is ok, the cobra 1.352 is better and the storm 150 is the best on the trails.

I didn't like the 1.50 storm track could never get it to hook up but only in new fluffy snow then it was a great track but on hard groomed trail its not that good the lugs lay over and spin spin spin !! just my two cents and if you like Top End you will loose with the higher lugs!!

I'm guessing On a hardpacked trail the less lug you have the more traction you will have. The more contact area you have the more friction, the more traction you get. On somewhat loose material then more lug gives you more traction as it digs in and gets the snow under you to compress flatening it out.
I'd agree with this, but it would have to be hard pack snow for sure.

I didn't like the 1.50 storm track could never get it to hook up but only in new fluffy snow then it was a great track but on hard groomed trail its not that good the lugs lay over and spin spin spin !! just my two cents and if you like Top End you will loose with the higher lugs!!
Maybe the 192 IGRIPS i put in help on the hard pack seems to hook good for me but when looking at the track last week i noticed a couple lugs ripped off, will inspect further this week

Back