• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rod thru the case, Not covered under Y.E.S 08 RTX

1st yamaha

Extreme
The rod cap broke and went thru the case, can't find a reason it broke so it's not covered. No manufacturing defects, your dealer has to prove it's a manufacturing defects to be covered. (WTF) Yamaha said there rods don't just break for no reason. Said that it would be covered if I had service receits for oil changes, faxed as requested still turned down. They don't sell short blocks, must buy part by part -bare crankshaft $900.00- Yamaha rep just called and told me to turn it into my ins. if they don't cover it call me back and see what we can do? oil & filter changed every 2000miles.

I fixed all the MANUFACTURING defects with my own dime handwarmers yamaheater/ oillite bushings/ new ski's/ hygear trail pro set-up /trail tank / block off plate for ice build up / they did install one set of lower balljoints 1800 miles ago - shot again wouldn't cover again-

I thought at least if I have engine trouble it will be covered NOPE!

That seems screwed up. You proved it's had all its oil changes and they still won't cover it. That's unbelievable!

Well I feel for you man. I hope Yamaha takes care of this for you.

That's just crap....this isn't an insurance issue...a part failed, plain and simple...it should be covered...if it's not a common problem then they should look into it further.
My sled had zero warranty as it was purcahsed from the U.S....my starter failed in a big way causing major damage...I had it repaired by a yamaha tech who constantly quized his tech rep...the rep said because it was such an odd catastrophic failure that he would have helped out had it of been a Canadian purchased sled
Your dealer and dealer reps should be doing more..afterall you have warranty and proof of proper maintainence. JMO

1st yamaha said:
The rod cap broke and went thru the case, can't find a reason it broke so it's not covered. No manufacturing defects, your dealer has to prove it's a manufacturing defects to be covered. (WTF) Yamaha said there rods don't just break for no reason. Said that it would be covered if I had service receits for oil changes, faxed as requested still turned down. They don't sell short blocks, must buy part by part -bare crankshaft $900.00- Yamaha rep just called a told me to turn it into my ins. if they don't cover it call me back and see what we can do? oil & filter changed every 2000miles.

I fixed all the MANUFACTURING defects with my own dime handwarmers yamaheater/ oillite bushings/ new ski's/ hygear trail pro set-up /trail tank / block off plate for ice build up / they did install one set of lower balljoints 1800 miles ago - shot again wouldn't cover again-

I thought at least if I have engine trouble if will be covered NOPE!

how many miles?????

I have experience in this area...Ive danced with them on MODDED machines and they WILL cover...you need to call yamaha custome service in california...and tell them in a calm and deliberate way this is unacceptable..

if things are like they used to be..I got no about a half a dozen times over three weeks...and they gave me a new crankshaft...if you need help let me know

5400 mi. 0 engine problems before this (all stock)

P.S. I convereted 2 from the yellow side, sorry I did

sj I'll take all the help I can get thank you

This is unacceptable. This should be a no questions asked repair under the YES warranty. If it's not covered then what's the use of spending the extra money to extend the warranty through Yamaha? If you have proper maintence records of the sled and they tell you no just tell them you're going to take them to small claims court. Don't forget that this YES warranty is a contract and they must hold up their end of the deal. I can't believe they really want you to make an insurance claim!! That's ridiculous! I just recently dealt with Yamaha and they did help me out but it took a few phone calls. I will tell you one thing, it was very nice to be able to call Yamaha and speak with the same person each time that I had called.

This is bull$#it! So if YAMAHA is claiming that it is not a defect on their part, then they are saying that they only build engines that are good for 5,000 miles! WTF?

I wish I had recorded the sales pitch from my dealer when I bought mine, "Most dependable motor, change oil every 3,000 miles and the first scheduled maintenance is at 20,000 miles to set valves".

Good luck on the repair and hope all works out for you!

I won't buy an extended warranty anymore. I went round and round with B.E.S.T doos warranty. They find excuses not to cover. They are all the same crap. Save your money.

colecoin said:
I won't buy an extended warranty anymore. I went round and round with B.E.S.T doos warranty. They find excuses not to cover. They are all the same crap. Save your money.

I know, me neither, your warranty is only as good as the dealer, and anymore nobody really gives a rip if you are a happy customer or not.

stay calm!.. but bitch like your o'l lady's having to periods at once!!!
i never buy the xtra warrenty, and this y.
if that happened to me and the fat s.o.b told me its not covered after he talked me into that yes bullshyt i would have them in court so much theyed give me a new sled!!

no but seriouse i feel for ya... but please keep us updated. thanks and the best of luck to ya

if you could tell us everything you did like who you had to talk to and so on

also what dealer and where

First off, your dealer is an idiot. If it has warranty your dealer can make it happen. Try another dealer...

Back