• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode a Rev to compare to my RAGE

UP Brett

Lifetime Member
I rode a rev for the first time and I personally didn't like the seating position but did like how smooth the clutchs are. I think I'll keep the Rage just need to fix what YAMAHA DIDN'T!!!!
Has anybody out there put a new secondary on that takes away the clutch chatter/rattle.

There is an update available for the primary from your dealer, that will eliminate that. ;)!

If it is a clutch rattling, it is common for it to be the primary. It has to do with the oddly spaced compression pulses of the 3 cylinder 4 stroke, as it is the same type clutch in other Yamaha sleds. However, the pulses of other engines don't set up the rattle. the secondary clutch would not be rattling if the sled is stationary as it is not hooked to the engine and not moving. Other than that, there is some normal engine noise that is unique to the 4 stroke, as this engine requires a cams and moving valvetrain that is chain driven that 2 strokes dont have.

If you haven't had your primary clutch upgrade done yet, have it done.

Ride the Rev for 2 hours on rough trails then give another report.

I HAVE A RAGE THE NOISE IS IN THE PRIMARY TAKE IT TO THE DEALER AND HAVE THE UPDATE PUT IN IT ... IT WILL ELIMINATE THE CHATTER NOISE MYWIFE HAS A VECTOR AND IT DID IT AS WELL I HAD THE UPDATES INSTALLED AND THE CHATTER NOISE IS NO LONGER THERE

i had the fix done to the clutch also but seems like there is still a noise there. seems like i dont hear it anymore, i dont know if its cuz im used to it or my sled makes so many ohter noises its not even funny

I've already had one of Yammi's clutch kits installed on my 05 Venture. In 200 miles, I need another kit. Yammi needs to design a clutch that can handle the tri cylinder 4 stroke engine. My clutch is off, and sent in for repair for the second time. TINK

I don't hear a rattle when the sled is sitting stationary.
I only hear is when I'm moveing at lower speeds.
The secondary on this machine has about a 1/4" of play where it can slide on the shaft, as to move out of alignment with the primary, not that it has a bad keyway. I'm waiting to hear back from Yamaha about putting washers in before the bolt to take up the slack, I'll also realign the clutchs at that point.

UP Brett said:
I don't hear a rattle when the sled is sitting stationary.
I only hear is when I'm moveing at lower speeds.
The secondary on this machine has about a 1/4" of play where it can slide on the shaft, as to move out of alignment with the primary, not that it has a bad keyway. I'm waiting to hear back from Yamaha about putting washers in before the bolt to take up the slack, I'll also realign the clutchs at that point.

This play in the secondary is quite normal and they all have it. (mine included) I'm not trying to argue, but I don't know how you can be certain that the noise is from the secondary if you only hear it when you are under way.

i have an 06 and mine make no noise in th secondary and if im right the 05 secondary and 06 secondary are the same, if your not happy put on the team clutch that is on the rev and say good bye to your belts, that clutch eats belts, you will blow one anhy where from 300-600miles

The clutch on my '06 is starting to rattle. My understanding is the noise is the weights making the noise. I am currently working on a Rocket Roller set up on the sled. the biggest problem is lack of snow to do any more testing. ;)! :4STroke:

Back