• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roest Instrument Panel Vent on XTX - Good Stuff!

nytroD said:
how mutch more engine noise is heard with the vent kit? also, does the skidplate interfear with oil changes?

You do hear a little more engine noise but I took all my foam out of the panels at the same time so it's hard to say which affected it more. As for access to the oil filter for oil changes, the skidplate has to come off, buts it's easy. As fast as you can remove 6 6mm bolts. It's one of the things I wanted to improve upon over the plastic skidplates. The plastic plates just fasten on the bottom of your sled and don't integrate into the factory panels as intended. Their fasteners aren't recessed or counterbored so often they will end up snagging on something and bend, or get torn off. They are also fastening into rivnuts which don't allow for misalignment, so often they are a pain to get lined up and started. Also, they will often strip out fast because they are aluminum. Steel ones are better but next to no one has the tool to set them. They too can spin out in the hole they're set into and are a pain to change.....and again they're not self aligning. I use U nuts which work great, are tough, self aligning, super easy to change if ever needed, and have a lock washer effect. The 4 rear fasteners are counterbored and recessed, and also hidden underneath the side panels. From a manufacturing point of view these skidplates are a pain to produce because of the many steps it takes to arrive at the end product, but it is worth it because they end up fitting and working so good. Thanks to everyone for all the compliments.

Just installed vent kit today. Looks awesome! Started the relocate as well. In my opinion though, someone without some mechanical ability should get someone to help them. Sorry I've been hogging space on this site the last week. Hurt back at work and have lots of down time to surf the net.Just had to get out and work on sled today! :o|

I installed my vent kit today also looks great. I am locating my gauge on the handlebar riser I guess the wiring will have to be made longer so I can make that work wished I had the part numbers for the plugs and terminal pins so I could just make a jumper plug instead of having to cut and splice wires. Anybody have or know the part numbers for this stuff that would be great.

Thanks

SSX600 said:
I installed my vent kit today also looks great. I am locating my gauge on the handlebar riser I guess the wiring will have to be made longer so I can make that work wished I had the part numbers for the plugs and terminal pins so I could just make a jumper plug instead of having to cut and splice wires. Anybody have or know the part numbers for this stuff that would be great.

Thanks

Stock wiring is long enough to do the relocate. There is a thread somewhere showing it, not quite sure where it is right now. If you unwrap the tape off the wiring harness you can get the length you need, then retape.

Click on the link in the post I made above... when you get in the thread, you will find the posts you need. ;)!

Any problems with the guage relocater on the XTX's vs MTX's. Peter said he sold them to guys with XTX's but had no feedback from them. He developed it for the MTX and may still work. Thanks for the input.

No problem putting them on an XTX. They have a flat top steering post just like the MTX. Checked one out yesterday.

I understand. I think the best solution is to use the OFT Steering post relocate in conjunction with the gauge relocate. That puts the steering post forward in the opening and allows all cables to be routed behind the steering post. I notice that many XTX owners have added taller risers and then rolled those risers forward to get the bars where they want them. That creates a funky steering motion and the OFT relocate eliminates that. Also with the steering post relocate the added riser can be shorter because the new steering post angle automatically raises the bar position.

Well I installed the vent kit using a hack saw blade at first but then switched to a dremel with a cutting wheel. I then cleaned up the melted plastic with a razor blade knife. It came out nice. I located the guage to the handle bars but had to notch out the mount for a tab that locks into the base plate on the right side ( I believe so you still have some control if the handle bar bolts start to loosen ). I found just barley enough wire for the guage but had to undo the throttle cable and move it below the brake line and parking brake. Looks good and keep me busy for awhile. Next I have to install the skid plate. Cant wait. lol

Back