• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roest Instrument Panel Vent on XTX - Good Stuff!

SSX600 said:
Was lookin at that vent panel also and was wondering how easy it is to install I read the instructions but I hate to start hacksawing up my dash panel but maybe its not that hard to do.

Not hard to do at all. Use the tool I have pictured in the instructions and you can cut precisely.

SSX600 said:
Was lookin at that vent panel also and was wondering how easy it is to install I read the instructions but I hate to start hacksawing up my dash panel but maybe its not that hard to do.

The vent is easy to install, once completed it looks factory installed. I don't feel like I hacked up my sled. I also highly recommend relocating the gauge to the handlebar mount. This makes the gauge way more visible.

Thanks, a lot of time invested to get that CAD program dialed. It paid off though. Went riding yesterday in 2 feet of fresh pow and the vent worked awesome as usual. I am happy to be able to offer it.

Just received relocator and vent kit in the mail. Quality is top notch. Won't be able to check it out until next year,due to all snow is gone! Can't wait til next December! Is that nuts or what! ;):D

Too bad your snow is gone. You will love the relocate. You can enjoy it over the summer though when you sit on your sled and dream!!!

The BRtech vents are much better looking than those i think. And those are also pricey, I have not found i need those vents yet , the light only ever comes on after a long ride and then if it sits idling before i load the sled the light comes on and she shuts down sometimes.

I have the pod relocator and skid plate and was very impressed with both. Highly recommended.

I'd like to send up another "attaboy" to roest for their skidplate. As someone stated earlier- absolutely the best engineered and toughest skidplate for the nytro. Got one for my '09 earlier this winter and was super impressed with it. Easy install and gets rid of that rinky-dink piece of factory plastic under there. Even has machined recesses for the lower side panel tabs to fit into. Great work. Definitely gonna get one of these vents for next winter too!

I can definitely hear more engine noise but it did not bother me. My helmet is pretty open so I can hear pretty well.

I have the Yamaha skid plate and I have to take out the 4 bottom screws to get at the filter.

Back