• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rough runner

tipper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
vk pro
Was out pulling a heavy sleigh in warm slushy snow and I got stuck on a hill. Sled started to sound like something in the bottom end came apart and couldn't get it started again.
Changed the spark plugs and it fired up but still would miss and backfire every once in a while but after it bogged and backfired it would run perfect but just wouldn't idle at all.
Any of you fellas have any ideas what's going on? Hoping maybe a carb issue?
This is a 2006 vk

have you flipped the carb flap off of the carbs? have you restricted/stopped the coolant flow to the carbs?

my 05 rx would act the same unless i did this to it in warm slushy conditions.

Thank you very much for the reply. I eventually shut off that valve after having similar issues years ago with a summit800 and it did help a bit but it still wouldn't idle and running down the trail it still bogged down and backfired. Might be time for a fuel injected machine next winter!?

there was no valve to shutoff the heat to the carbs unless installed that i know of. why i always carried a pinch pin witch helped but did not cure it all.

when was the carbs cleaned last and the fuel filter replaced? might have some crud in the pilot jets now.

I had that happen after I moved my rad to change plugs. It pulled the choke cable out on top of the carbs and was caught on the edge of the bracket

Back