• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rox Riser

Blue Oval

Expert
Website
snyderpools.com
I just bought the 2" Rox riser for my 07 RTX. I'm having trouble with the throttle cable especially when I turn the skis to the right. I tried to move the bars slightly forward by loosening the allen screws, no diff. I tried to move the throttle block inward and that made it worse. I did move the cable out of the lower holder to the outside and tucked the plastic corrugated lines back in. It seems like i'm almost there but I'm a little nervous about the cable, especially due to the fact the Radar runs are tommorow. I ended up taking them back off and putting the bar back to stock. Any help??

Any of you having problems with checking and keeping the air in the Floats? It seems every time lately when I check and add air if I go right back to double check with another gauge it has dropped. I put some spit around the stem but I don't see or hear a leak. Are the seals prone to leaking? I used a small compressor and brought them up to 50 psi and then bled them down to 25 for the runs. I'll check them again tomm. with the weight off again. Wondering if the Fox pump Yami supplies is toast.
Temps are in the single digits here now. Thanks Doug ;)!

'

After installing the 2" riser on my sled I found that I could not rotate the handle bars back to where I wanted them without the TORS kicking in when turning the handle bars right. I tried to find slack in the routing of the cable but could not find any. I ordered the Mountain Cable as mentioned above and had my Yamaha dealer install it on Friday. The Mechanic also looked to see if there was slack, after removing the Pod and the air box, the cable was tight. There is a lot more play with the mountain cable, the riser and the handle bar can be now rotated where ever I wish. I'm 5'10" and with the 2" riser I still have to lean over a bit when standing. It is still better than no riser.

I can't find the receipt, but I believe it was $15-$20. It cost $66 to get it installed, includes a "NUT, SPRING" $7, that was also replaced. Yamaha replaced it in 45 minutes. No way would I have been able to do that in a cold garage. $66 well spent. It was -25C today.

I have the 2 inch Rox on my 07 er. I didn't really raise my bars though. I moved them straight forward and only slightly up. I like my arms out straighter. No cable problems.

I did the same. Had my dealer install the cable. Cable was 22.00 and 45 minutes labor. I think it was around 75.00 after the taxes. MOney well spent and now it gives me the room to go higher if needed.

go with mountain cable. solves all issues. i had exact same problem. i could get it to work if it was routed just right..... did not want to get out there and have an issue.
mountain cable simple to install & cheap.

I put the 2" riser on my 06 without any problems. I did add hand guards though. The bracket is between the grip and the throttle block. Maybe moving the throttle block in about 1/2" was enough not to have any issues.

Attachments

• SRX 4.JPG
    SRX 4.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 68
  • SXR 5.JPG
    SXR 5.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 60
I have the 2'' rox on my attak seems to be ok i ran the cable under the bars and adjusted the trottle block a little.

Back