• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yellow check eng. Light & no code.

Beauryan Best

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper
Start. Check engine light yellow ON. Shut off. Check codes. 61 = 00 (no codes) but 62 says 1 (code)... what in the F!? Can't clear the 1. Check engine light stays on.
It's intermittent and only comes on at idle, goes into limp mode, have to blip the throttle and if it doesn't die it takes off like a bat outta hell; hit 20mph and Check Engine light goes away.

Messed with the throttle cable to no avail.

No vacuum leak.

Everything seems to be plugged in.

I did switch the throttle cable recently to a newer one but if it was my TORs I think I'd atleast get a code... gonna rip my hair out.

Happened after a big snowstorm, riding... bogs down; won't drive, sounds like it's missing "vrom, vrom, vrom"... and if it doesn't die then it takes off and I gotta haul #*$&@ home.

Yes and no?
Idk how many times I've tried setting it now... Interestingly, when checking DIAG. on dash, first option is TPS position and the manual claims it needs to be at 15-18, but mine is at 20... Flickers to 19, got it to stick at 19. Code went away, went for a ride around the block and came back to it back at 20 with same phantom code.

I would expect a code 84 or something to do with TORs atleast, won't even give me that decency.

Tried searching a plethora of key words relating to my issue and not finding much

One guy was having similar issues and it was his cable, but another guy ghosted the Forum after he was talking about having TPS at 20, too ~ should be illegal to do that

Did you use a Yamaha cable or aftermarket? Given that this happened after you changed the cable, I'd think it's related.

Back