• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Royal Distributing which idlers???

srxrob

Veteran
Hi
I have done a fair bit of research on the site but i just wanted to confirm what was the right replacement idler wheel from Royal Distrubuting for my 06 Apex RTX?
thanks

It's not a no brainer, as Royal doesn't have the idler with a 6005 bearing. They only offer them with the 6205 bearing which is wider and requires machining or modifications to the mounts to make them fit properly.

The easiest and actually cost efficient way believe it or not, is through your Yammy Dealer for $30. http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/ ... &model=493

Ok so those are only decent bolt and go wheels? Are they any better than the stock ones that came with the sled? Is it worth the extra effort to get something else?
And yes i did do a search but there was SO MUCH info that it became difficult to get a final answer.
thanks

I wouldn't put stock 6005 wheels back on my apex.Only lasted one season and 4000k.put the 135mm doo wheels from royal on with the viper cross shaft in the center .Its a direct bolt on with 6205 bearings.

I have the idlers that Grimm posted the link to. They can be purchased from Port Yamaha for less than $20 here in the US. The US part number is SMA-8FP38-01-xx

They use the 6005 bearing so they are a direct bolt on. Best of all the bearing is replaceable! I only have a few hundred miles on mine but Kevin from Port Yamaha told me that he has not heard of any problems with these wheels.

I am going to the dealer today and will check it out. As long as the 6005 is replaceable i might just go that route.

srxrob said:
I am going to the dealer today and will check it out. As long as the 6005 is replaceable i might just go that route.

Just do that. It's a bolt on and go, no machining needed. I had the spoke wheels with (replaceable) 6005 bearings and they were fine after 4000 miles of beatings. Yes a few bearings need to be replaced but that's it. The wheels themselves were fine. The two larger 6205 wheels I had were toast, by the way, but they were in the rear center area which seems to be the most destructive.

Back