• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Rage: Should I Buy or Not?

Blueblaster

Veteran
I'm thinking of buying a rage. A rider foward position is not that big of a deal for me, and I am fine with a 120 hp motor. I don't care about top end, but I would like a sled that is responsive from 0 to 75. Can any of you Rage owners tell about the ride experience and performance up to 75 mph?

Thanks.

You could put a pivot bar riser on and gear the sled down and it would have the same acceleration.

The Rage excels in the 0-75 mph range. You will love it especially on trails where it never lacks for power. The other benefits are MPG and no oil.

the 3 cylinder balance shaft engine in the RS series is a real sweetheart. Loads of torque from the bottom on up. You wont be disappointed.
Did you say 05 or 06? The 06 monoshock is a sizeable step forward as far as eating up the bumps.

0-75 is no sweat for the RS series. I think the RX beats it on top end, but for the type of riding you describe the lighter weight of the RS would seem perfect.

I put a little over a 1000 miles on my Rage last year. It is a nice sled, 0-75 like a rocket, but it tops out quick. Handling and ride on trails is great. It is not an off trail sled at all. It is very heavy and has the flotation of a cinder-block.
I would probably buy another one, but of my 4 sleds, it's not my favorite.

Back