• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Vector 08 LTX GT - modifications recommendation

edmundsfly

Ok, so I traded in the 05 Warrior for an 08 Vector (I wanted to stay in the 4 stroke family and get a machine that was lighter than my Warrior, had better suspension, etc..)

I like the machine, handles well stock but looking to make some modifications to the sled and would like some friendly advise on mods that others may have applied to their 08.

I have the dealer today changing the stock windshield for a lower windshield and adding blue powermadd handguards and mirrors on the guards(the little round mirrors sold as an accessory to the sled).

I don't really care to change the windshield but the dealer said it needs to be lower than the stock windshield to support the powermadds. I'm looking for something low that still looks cool like the stock windshield. Any advise?

I'm thinking about putting in a center grab bar, but the dealer is telling me that he doesn't have any that are available that fit the 08 RS Vector (i don't see how this it possible).

I have also ordered 2 xenon lightbulbs (I had them on the 05 Warrior - what a difference). I'm also getting the seatjack installed for the times that my son wants to come ride with me (beats the hell out of riding the panther).

I'm the type of rider that likes to open it up on straight stretches and hit big the jumps whenever the chance arises. While this isn't a true Hybrid machine for trail and deep snow the weight of the 08 Vector allows me to float better in deep snow, to carve out in deep snow, etc..

Attachments

• n846330108_2096763_5817.jpg
    n846330108_2096763_5817.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 81

bellypan protector. :) The Rivenuts in the kit are a pain you can search the threads for good tips.

pull off those mirrors and reglue/epoxy them on before they fall off and they will fall off.they are held on by double stick foam tape.
I put my powermadd HG on with the stock windy but had to rotate the bars back a little.

Handguard question

I too am looking at purchasing the handguards but if I went with the ROX 2" pivot riser would I not be able to keep the stock windshield? I just thought raising th handlebar 2" would fix this concern as I do not want lower windshield. On that note if I do add the handguards will I have to purchase the powermadd brake lever adapter in order to install the handgaurds, as they have one on their website specifically for yamaha. Thanks

I bought the powermadd HG and the bracket kit that was speced. for my Yamaha, an 08 vector, nothing else needed. You should have plenty of clearance with the 2" riser, Mine is bone stock and I gained clearance by rotating the bars back a few degrees.
The mirrors are too small in my opinion and the sled following needs to be within 100' to see the headlight.

Back