• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rub A Dub Dub

Enticer

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha LTXDX
Guys, have you checked your track scrub on top of the rear shock? I have an RTX with 800 miles. The top of my shock and shock mounting bracket is 25% gone. I've painted the track on the inside to see if it was scrubbing with the track way tighter than specs and it still scrubs. I can see that in a short time my track will be going south. Yamaha claims no problems, about the same as handwarmers. Has anyone come up with a fix? You can believe it or not but I'd be willing to bet that at least 1/2 of the new Apex 121's are scrubbing. HELP!!!!

how dissapointed i was when i read this.
I thought you were going to tell us a nursery ryme.

ya mine is rubbing too.
at the end of the season if there is not a fix, i am going to look into installing 2 bearings or small wheels on a longer bolt thru the shock.
this should give the track something to hit before it gets to the shock.

leaderoftheback said:
how dissapointed i was when i read this.
I thought you were going to tell us a nursery ryme.

ya mine is rubbing too.
at the end of the season if there is not a fix, i am going to look into installing 2 bearings or small wheels on a longer bolt thru the shock.
this should give the track something to hit before it gets to the shock.

Nice idea, i like it. Or make some out of nylon!

Back