• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Running to much boost. How can I lower it????

Stock muffler or excell?? You know where the stock split pipe is with the two donut gasket go together are, when I put mine together for the first time I and had them set up messed up Had to replace them. Just an Idea to look at.

Which boost controller is he running, I ran a HKS EVCII and that pull a boost reading from the throttle bodies? Not the wastgate, But he since removed all that and still has uncontrolled boost.

This is a conundrum for sure??!$??

I think he did tell me he was at 11,000 plus. Would 6 to 800 RPM make that much more boost? kviper

We're not looking for a little problem here; from what you describe there is something fundametally wrong. AJ made a good suggestion a few posts back - what do you have for a coupler on your downpipe?

Can you post some pics of your set-up?

The down pipe that is on there now with the 2854 was also the one that was on the 2860RS. I used this one when i switched turbo's so it would match up to the socket connection to the exhaust, I think if i remember correctly the ball/socket was opposite but the down pipe looked identical otherwise. Mike has the other down pipe but would need the pipe that goes between the down pipe and muffler if this is the problem. I think someone told me the exhaust side of the 2854 and 2860RS is the same. To me the ball being on the bottom side of the connection would be wrong and leak which was another reason i used the setup that was on the 2860. I had talked to someone about this situation and was told it would be fine. (cant remember who it was as i talked to many about many thing's) I think Mike may be gone riding for the weekend.

Like ted said, over revving could be something to look at, since rev limiter kicks in around 11,200 I think, Tach might be a few hundred off as well, but that would bring on stuttering on top. If every thing was fine with the 2860 down pipe joint, then everything should e good on the 2854 as well?? The 2 turbos are the same exhaust size for down pipe purpose.

Jim this is a stage 2 CPR kit that got a replacement Stage 1 CPR turbo to it. Other then that Kviper would know more details of the sled since it was his.

I say drink alot then think about it, might make more sense????

Took it for a ride after porting wastegate and dropped to about 12 psi,(little improvement), just taking a little break on it for now (getting a little frustrating)and just enjoying riding it. Will probably try to throw a little clutch weight at it next, as it runs about 10,900rpm now, and try a divorce pipe and see if it helps. Would still like to see 8 psi as a base. Thanks again for all the ideas and help, Mike

pdrmike said:
Took it for a ride after porting wastegate and dropped to about 12 psi,(little improvement), just taking a little break on it for now (getting a little frustrating)and just enjoying riding it. Will probably try to throw a little clutch weight at it next, as it runs about 10,900rpm now, and try a divorce pipe and see if it helps. Would still like to see 8 psi as a base. Thanks again for all the ideas and help, Mike

Make Sure the Wastegate lever inside the turbo has enough travel, if it has the flat plate for the down pipe Like I remember, it limits travel of the valve, causing this exact problem.

The over reving doesn't help either.

What is there for a resolution so it doesn't hit the downpipe plate like it does? I know it hits and only limits it to open a third of the way.

Mike,

Ted might be on to something. Take a look at it closer...

Mauri

BINGO!!!!! Why do some of the stage one kit's have this problem and some not?

Back