• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rust on front A Arms almost since new, Help

Radar22 said:
My new sled is the same..

Ok, good to know that other new sleds have the same issue. Doesn't bother you at all?

I want to keep my Nytro for the next 5 years at least and after the first two weeks it already looks
rusty. A little disappointing in my opinion. Even my Cat's A Arms didn't rust unless the paint got chipped
off and that was after several years of riding.

I'm gonna call Yamaha and see what they say.

I've had some rust poking through since almost new on the a-arm welds, it bothered me, but its very faint and it hasn't spread over the past 5 years

I'm gonna call Yamaha and see what they say.

Are you kidding me, you are going to call Yamaha over some light surface rust? What do you think they will say? You sure are picky over something that will never cause you any problems. Good luck with that.

:yam:

Rust on A arms

I have seen a good number of sleds of what you are describing. I believe after the assembly of the A arm it is very hard to get paint to that area under the support leaving some unpainted metal. If you transport your sled on an open trailer, this will accelerate the rusting process.

I have seen brand new sleds on the showroom floor with rust on the A arms of an FX Nytro.

At least I'm not the only new this is happening to. It's just a bit disappointing to buy a new sled and have it rust right away.
If anything, Yamaha should try to correct this and get some paint in those tight weld areas. I'm picky but I work hard for my money and like to keep my things nice.

My 2011 has the same rust spot. I think it is just the way they get painted. Tought to get it into tight places without applying to much on the surrounding area. Still looks like a cheap paint job no matter how you look at it.

Going to take mine off next fall and paint them black.

I brought my sled into the dealer a week ago to get a few things checked out before it goes off warranty. I asked the dealer if Yamaha covers rust and he kinda laughed saying they don't and it would be impossible to do that on offroad sleds which I kind of understand.

The issue is that since about 2 weeks after I bought it brand new the front A Arms(Top One) started to show rust underneat the flat welded U Shaped support they add to the A Arm. Since it rusted so quick that would mean that there was bare unpainted metal under there and should be a warrantee issue cause it wasn't painted properly since day 1. Anyone have any advise, should I call Yamaha and try to get help from them directly.

I have no issue if the arms got chipped and started rusting cause of wear and tear but this is a manufacturing issue and now I'm gonna have to pay out of pocket to get it powder coated.
I also bought a brand new #Yamaha venture mp 2014 and have rust issues after 11 months. Dealer said I have to contact #Yamaha customer service. I did that and sent pictures of rust. The response from #Yamaha is that since different types of metal is rusting it is not a manufacture defect and they will not do anything about it. I am on my own to deal with the problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 124

Back