• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Retro-Fit Nytro Seat - UPDATE!

Sure. PM me with your address and I'll send it to you. I cut 3 1/4" off mine but I believe others cut closer to 3 1/2" off?

Mike

Unsure of the part number

Hi mates.

I'm about to mod my sled with a Nytro seat as you guys have done.
I have a couple of questions first.

I'm unsure of the part numbers of the seat, what part number is it?

What difference is it between theese two seats?

SINGLE SEAT ASSY UR FOR DPBMC
8GF-24710-01-00

SINGLE SEAT ASSY UR FOR YB
8GF-24710-31-00

By the way, the seat is going to be mounted on a -04 warrior.

I have the black and blue Nytro seat: Part number is 8GF-24710-01-00

It has the trunk. I believe the other part number is a vector style seat without the trunk and is lower like the older seats.

Call kevin at Port Yamaha. That is where I got mine.

Thanks for the tip.
I threw Kevin a mail - hope for a quick answer....

I looked at the parts catalog again and this is what I found:

Vector -05
8ES-24710-00-00

The Nytro -06 has two different seat types:
8ES-24710-40-00
8GF-24710-10-00

The Nytro -07 has only one type of seat:
8GF-24710-31-00

I think the 8ES seat is the old "lowrider-style" seat and the 8GF seat is the new higher one with the trunk.
The difference between the 8GF-24710-10-00 seat and the 8GF-24710-31-00 seat is, what I have figured out, the seat damper.

I hope i'm correct, but if I'm not, please shout... :)

The next thing is the color of the seat. I own a Warrior -04 and this seat is Black/silver and the one I'm looking for should have similar colorscheme.

//Andreas

If you want a black and silver seat, I believe you have to use the '06 seat. That is what I used on my Rage but I dont remember the part #. Just tell Keven the color of the Nytro seat and he will get the right one. I know when I did it a couple of years ago, the dealer ended up calling Yamaha for the right part #. Yamaha's system had the part #'s screwed up at the time.

Hi.
Yes you are probably right.
I've found theese pictures and they speak for themselves...

Attachments

• 2006_Yamaha_Nytro_ER.jpg
    2006_Yamaha_Nytro_ER.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 598
  • 2007_Nytro_ER.jpg
    2007_Nytro_ER.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 607
anyone still have the template from this mod? Did you have to change the taillight wire at all? Which seat did everyone end up using the 06 or 07?

Thanks

3wing said:
anyone still have the template from this mod? Did you have to change the taillight wire at all? Which seat did everyone end up using the 06 or 07?

Thanks
:4STroke:

Pretty sure I do. I used an Apex seat. I had to use my Vector tail light plug, but I think the Nytro uses the same plug as the RX1. (?)

Back