• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Retro-Fit Nytro Seat - UPDATE!

Grimm - You do not have to take off the tank cover to make the cut, but it will make it much easier to cut with it off tho.

You have to take the handle bars off from the steering post, you have to take off all cables, wireing harness, brake lines from the handlebar before you can remove the tank cover from your sled.

I did cut the tank cover with the cover still on the sled. First I removed all screws holding the cover in place, I took off tank cap and lifted the cover up, put the tank cap back on to keep debris from cutting to fall into the tank, covered the sled with a large cotton sheet to avoid making a mess under the hood. I placed a small bucket 8" tall under the cover to lift it off the tank to keep the cover away from the tank while making the cut. I put masking tape on, did the measuring and marked where I had to make the cut. I used a small angled grinder and a thin aluminum cutter blade. After the cut I did trim the edges on the inner side of the cover so it won't wear thru the seat cover when riding.

I do not have the xact measurements as I had to cut several times to make a perfect fit. Better cut too little the first time, you can always take off more.... Hope this can be of any help to you :)

Thanks alot rxrider.
I was leary of removing all that wiring.
Now I won't have to.

What is the part number for the seat. On the Yamaha website, it only shows the 06 seat, which is not the same.

Thanks
CJ

The Nytro seat for 06/07 is the one you want.

I just finished installing my new Mountain Mod seat on my Vector this weekend. Boy what a difference in riding position! This seat is so much higher and firmer than stock. Apparently Murray at Mountain Mod is using a firmer foam this year. Hopefully this will help reduce the pain in my knees while out riding.

I believe I ended up cutting about 4 inches of the tank cover to make it fit. It wasn't tough at all using my Dremel tool. Wear glasses, as the cutting kicks up a lot of plastic shavings. After I was happy with the cutting, I smoothed the rough edge with the sander attachment and then installed some windshield trim that I had laying around. It makes it look like it was stock.

I also put in a Rox 2" riser for the bars and tilted them forward for that "Nytro feel". I had to rerouted a couple of the cables to prevent binding.

I'm just about ready for the season. Now I am awaiting the delivery of my Stage 3 Ulmer clutch kit. Once I get that installed, I'll be stoked!

Wow! I just came back from a sled show here in Ottawa and I checked out the Nytro's seating position in comparison to the MMod seat on my Vector. My seat is about 2 inches taller than that of the Nytro's! Excellent! :Rockon:

Here's my finished project! Not much snow to ride on but feels like a different sled. Love the new look!

Mike

Attachments

• 100_0100 70%.jpg
    100_0100 70%.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 737
twomorestrokes said:
Here's my finished project! Not much snow to ride on but feels like a different sled. Love the new look!

Mike

Great looking sled Mike! Wow! Those bars are up there :Rockon: :pics:

Grimm, you should start your own post on Mountain Mod seat installs. That way, people looking for info on that particular seat can find it relatively easy.

Seats look good guys...

i called my dealer and asked about an 06 apex seat and I was told $867.00 CDN...

pffft

ill have to start checking the classifieds....unless anyone knows of any around?

Nytro Seat

My son just bought a Apex seat and is going to install on his 04 Warrior. It sounds like a pretty easy install but have a question. How tall of a riser can you put on before you have to have a longer brake line? Can you order a longer brake line from Yamaha or do you have to have one made?

Re: Nytro Seat

Tf18 said:
My son just bought a Apex seat and is going to install on his 04 Warrior. It sounds like a pretty easy install but have a question. How tall of a riser can you put on before you have to have a longer brake line? Can you order a longer brake line from Yamaha or do you have to have one made?

You should be able to do a pivot with a total of 3.25" rise possible 4" with stock cables. I put Mountain cables on mine, and they are quite "slackey"

I went up about 4 inches with a pivot. You just have to relocate a couple of the cables.

These guys are right about the pivot risers which is your best bet. 2" is about max with a straight riser. I used a Nytro riser and the brake hose and cables are "useable" but get pretty taunt on full left turns. I bought a Nytro hose and e brake cable for a cure.

Back