• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Retro-Fit Nytro Seat - UPDATE!

A 06-10 Apex seat will fit, move the tail light and plastics over to the Apex seat.

Yep. I phrased my answer wrong. I used an Apex seat on mine, but if you use a mountain seat, it won't have a tailight harness in it at all. I made my own harness and used my Vector plug.

Finished this mod - easy cutting and wiring - and it looks and rides great! I've got a copy of the template somewhere if people are interested in making the gas tank cut.

Now I've got an 2003 RX1 Seat for sale $100.00 OBO
and a Apex seat as well (got two in a package deal and my friend didn't end up using the second one). $100.00 OBO.

Is there a how to on how to do the mod? Step by step I wanna do a friends rx1 to the apex seat since it is in need of a new seat

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I didn't write one-up but it's pretty much standard procedure for removing/installing the seat. Same bolts/hooks, screws, etc... Other than the wiring/taillight (I re-used the RX-1), you just have to guesstimate where to cut the tank cover (1" - 2" I think?? - measure twice, etc...). Everything else just bolts-up.

Back