• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX OIL CONSUMPTION

cfedorowich

Soooo. How many RX series sleds are using alot of oil after 8000-9000 Km. (5000- 6000 miles)? what is the problem?...I know what the dealerships have told me???

I think it depends on how the sled was broken in when new. If you (or the previous owner) took at least some care in trying to break in the sled, you more than likely shouldn't have an oil consumption problem. I never burned much oil with mine. Heck, I don't know if I burned any but, I didn't have that many miles on mine either. Some have added Seafoam to the oil.

I burn around a liter per 1000-1500 km (1 quart to 600-900 miles). I find I burn if I'm heavy on the throttle. I bought the sled with 5000 km on it and have around 13000 km now. I tried seafoam and it cut the oil consumption down put not enough to make it worth while for me.

Back