• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX/RS style mirrors for Apex/Attack

apexer06

Just paid a visit to my deal. I asked him when Yamaha was going to design RX/RS style mirror for the Apex. He said they are in the catalog!!! (Not on line) He has not seen them yet, but he did order them this week and they should be in shortly (if they are not on back order). I guess people in Canada were using the RX models and adapting them for the Apex’s last year so Yamaha made some modifications and here they are. They are the best solution to the mirror problem we all have been waiting for. The part number is 8FP-W2628-01-KT and they sell for $81.95

Attachments

• apex mirrors.jpg
    apex mirrors.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 113

It would be very nice if this was correct. I noticed these on the Port Yamaha web site, but read somewhere here (in the forums) that these mirrors (part #8FP-W2628-01-KT) for the Apex are actually the same as 8FP-W2628-01-00.

My dealer talked to Yamaha today asking about these and he was told only the same mirrors as last year were available.

Still - something doesn't seem right. Hopefully this is just incorrect information being distributed and these mirrors are real.

BTW, these mirrors are also shown here at Port Yamaha (I was searching for mirror options on-line today):

http://www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat ... or_Set.htm

One thing that also gives me a little less hope that these mirrors are real...

The picture of the RS Venture mirrors and mirror bracket looks 100% identical to last years RS Venture mirrors on the Yamaha web site (and these won't work on the Apex):

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

Attachments

• RS Venture mirrors-8ET-W2628-00-00.jpg
    RS Venture mirrors-8ET-W2628-00-00.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 112
Nope, they won't work. You have to use the other mirrors in the catalog just below these you have shown. I just ordered the handlebar handguards with the optional mirrors from Powermadd. I think this will serve two purposes, keep my hands warmer and give me some sort of mirror to make sure my buddies are still behind me.

Back