• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 4 me

MR.SINISTER

Extreme
hello everyone ! my name is Micah and i'm thinking about buying a 03 RX1
but wanted to no if it will hold up to a litle bit of jumping? I'm 6'2 165lbs
and like to ride hard will a rx1 hold up?? i have been riding yamaha dirt-bikes 4 about 14years and have loved everyone of them and never had a prob with them but i have never had a yamaha sled how r they?

ps best snowmobile site on the web :rocks: :rocks:

Welcome to the site. Some guys have had problems with cracks in the W-Arm on the RX models. I have 4500 trouble free miles on my 03 and it has been jumped on occasion. If you have the cash, the new Nytro might be what you are looking for.

Below are links to a couple of threads on the w-arm issue. While some of the guys in the threads have had problems, many others have had not had any issues.
www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=15828
www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=4164

thanx 4 the reply. if i added a expertX would that help?? i don't really no much about the expertX how is it in the hard stuff? i would love to get a nytro but i just started a new job and i'm only 19
and don't want to get over my head in bills just yet :o|

expert x would definatly help- a lot. way more durable and when set right a lot smoother through the beat up trails.

If are serious about a Rx-1 I have 1 in classifieds with all kinds of updates and add ons and just picked up some ohlins for the front so sled is all done basically and u wouldnt need to add on anything sled is black

LazyBastard said:
Depends on year. If you go with the 03, then front springs, swaybar, links, skis, clutching, and longer track + suspension.
how much $$$$ will all that be?? there r 2 RX1 next to me . there 03s 1 is a ER and has a 136in deep powder kit, bender transfer
rods, bender performance exhaust, 4200mi, for $4100 and the other has a ripsaw and some chrome accessories 5200mi and is $4000 what 1 is better?? whatever i do i'm getting a rx1 :Rockon: i got to try 1 last year
4 a few mi and now i need 1 :yam:

If both sleds are clean, I would go with the sled that's been stretched to 136 inches myself. You're gonna love the sound of that Bender exaust ;)!

Back