• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 handles like crap

Bluebullet

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
My RX1 came with a worn out set of dooly carbides and upon my first ride it pushed badly through all corners, I also noticed the ski's were in the air alot when on throttle when taking off and going up small hills. I tightened limiter strap up about 1/8" and next time out ski lift was much better. I have dooly's on my viper and never liked the push through the corner's so I bought a new set of 6" carbides and put them on before last ride. Much improved in corners but now darts all over going straight down trail!
I plan on trying the belt shim trick next has anyone else tryied this with stock RX1 skies? what was the outcome? If that won't work what about the pipe trick I saw a while ago on here? Did someone start making them for sale? My search didn't work real well on the pipe fabrication?
Thanks Blue

how wore out are the bushings in the bulk head and a-arms, do you have toe out when you measure your skis, i had the same problems last year , the doolys helped but i found i was toe'd in , set it toe out 1/8" and solved problem, last week i found all my bushings where wore, jack up front of sled and yank around see how wore things are

i put on a set of http://www.bergstromskegs.com/ 8" triple points, shims and ski saver's this year.

NO darting what so ever and no push through corners. I had Woody's dullies on before. I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'm also running a 136" track. I could have gone with 6" but opted for the 8" for a little extra bite if I decide to stud the track down the road.

Can someone explain how to set the toe out to 1/8"? Thanks

dooly's won't cause the push in the corners, but poorly set up front shocks will. Start there. Work with what you have and you can fix your problem.

My friend's 03 RX1 darted so bad I was scared to ride it. He shimmed the ski's so the front of the carbide was off the ground by about 1/8" and the darting was gone! Only took 1/4" of plastic on the back of the ski to do it. It shows how to do it on Bergstrom Skeg's website.

Bill

I have shimmed mine and it helped but it still darts badly. I tried to take preload off my front shocks but it is way to soft in the corners and is tippy. I don't see how you guys can ride with almost no preload, am I doing something wrong? Also can someone explain to me how to set my toe out 1/8"??? Thanks

Measure from the bolts that hold in the wearbar on the ski's. You have to loosten the nuts on the tie rods and then turn them until your measurement is 1/8" greater on the front bolts than the rear. The procedure I have read is to put a light bungie on the ski hooks and adjust to 0 toe. With the slight slop in the bushings you should be at the correct toe out. That worked good for me! If you want it more accurate you can measure off the actual carbide.

Great info guys, thanks. Thanks Smok.

Back