• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 pics

Rx1M5

VIP Member
Few pics of the RX1 in action from this last trip.

Attachments

• eagle1.JPG
    eagle1.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 103
  • eagle2.JPG
    eagle2.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Owl1.JPG
    Owl1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 132

rx1

Sweet man thats got to be one of the sickes rx1s i have ever seen...so what turbo did you choose for it? hey if you ever want to build one of those tunnes for a apex let me know cause i would be intrested

I have a brand new GT25 and a CPR intercooler in my shop. I still need a few other pieces then I was thinking I'd get someone who's got some experience to put it all together for me. I'm starting to get the itch to get the turbo up and running but I told myself this year was going to be chassis tuning. The tunnel works awesome, grip is excellent and it doesn't hold any snow. Here's a few more pics of the tunnel.
Paul

Attachments

• rx1rfview.JPG
    rx1rfview.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 108
  • rx1rqview.JPG
    rx1rqview.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 109
RX1

Cool those pics of your tunnel look sick. ya once you turbo it youll never want to ride anything else lol. its a beuaiful sled and youve done a wicked job.... and if your ever intrested in making one of thos super cool tunnels for a apex let m know cause i would be intrested. cheers

I built the tunnel, cro mo front end, torque arm, hood, all aluminum steering, the handle bars and tons of other stuff I can't remenber off the top of my head. Right now I am at 611 lbs ready to ride with fuel oil spare belt and everthing. That is weighed on a calibrated 4 pad digital race car scale, so its an honest weight. When I put the turbo on I'll be dropping the exhaust, the Nos, and some gas due to the smaller tank so I'm hoping to be within 10 lbs or so of where I'm at right now. I know of 10 more pounds I can get out of it as well I just need the time to do it.

Stock 03 RX1M weights 614lbs according to Specialty Sleds, its on there web site in project hell froze over. The GT25 turbo weights 14lbs, then add the intercooler for about 5lbs. Not sure what the air box weights but likely half of the intercooler. The 2 yami fuel pumps likely cancel out the electric fuel pump and the pressure regular. But in the long run, boost is sure alot of fun. It over comes the weight, at 20lbs ;)! .

I've pretty well come to the conclusion that I can't tell 10 lb difference one way or the other and believe me I've wanted to and tried. So now that I've come this far with the sled I might as well go all the way.

Some quick easy weight savings;
If I'm just going to play in close, just put 3-4 gallons of gas in, thats a 50# savings, and relatively high on the sled.

I read about some kind of marine anti-fouling wax to keep snow from sticking. I know I'm carrying 30# of snow at times.

The gas is not an option much of the time but the snow needs to be addressed.

Thats why I powder coated my tunnel. At the end of the day when my sled goes up on the deck it is consistently snow free. My friends 800 Poo is always loaded up. The under tunnel exhaust works like a dream on mine for keeping the snow out of there. I had 2 SRXs one with a polished tunnel and one that was powder coated and the powder coated tunnel always had less snow. You may add a lb or 2 when you coat them but you gain it back in snow loss. One of these days I'm going to take the small scale and a pail with us and do some quick measurements at the end of the day and see how much snow everybody is packing around. Next summer I'll pull my skid out and either polish the rails or powder coat them. Also I looked it up and found fuel weigh 6.25-6.75 LBS/US gallon depending on temperature, for the longest time I was using 10 lbs..

Back